video recording not working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is most likely something I'm doing wrong but following the instructions I cant play back test videos I've shot on my mobius. Using an 8GB class 4 Kingston card I can view the photos I've taken.

Windows media player couldn't play the file as the extension wasn't recognized but would play it as a sound file, VLC did the same thing. All I have done is plugged the card in charged the camera up and had a play with it, what am I doing wrong?

Did the card and cam ever work? Is this a recent problem.?

Have you formatted the card lately? I find for my DC to record properly, I need to format at least every two weeks.

Format the card in the cam and check the settings- once in a blue moon someone reports settings changing by themselves, usually when they haven't formatted the card in a long time. With Mobius, formatting once a month is more than enough, many go twice that long with no problems ever.

Phil

It's a small world, my files were having issues playing directly from the Mobius today, though not exactly the same. It was suggested to move the files to the computer and try to play them that way. I however formatted the card and haven't tested out the theory yet.

Card was bought on the weekend just gone and the camera was brand new and delivered the week prior, obviously it is possible the camera could be dodgy but all the lights come on and after reading the instructions the lights blink as the instructions say they will when I press the buttons.

Either the card is dodgy as I have formatted it or because I'm crap with technology I'm doing something wrong, the settings.txt file was in the folder now its not, I read that should happen, just giving as much info as possible. Will format again.

Good news, I have managed to record and play a video, for some strange reason VLC and windows media player wont play it but Nero show time essentials will. Now it seems a bit slow, is this normal? When I say slow I mean when I moved it it took a second or two to catch up, impressed with how clear the image quality is!

You haven't said whether you're trying to play the files while Mobius is connected to PC via cable, which is not recommended, or whether you've copied the files to the PC hard drive & are still having problems.

My ancient PC won't play the files smoothly even when they've been copied to the hard drive. But they do play smoothly on my Android phone & Android tablet & iPad.

Apologies Russ, I didn't think it would make a difference, yes I had the camera connected and tried playing them straight from the file I now assume that isn't the correct way to do it, when it did play I had copied it to my PC (which is 8 years old but still works) I never considered transferring it to my android tablet battery is dead on it atm but I'll try that.

Now the camera isn't recognised by the mobius app on my android phone through the OTG cable lol says the 'SYSCFG.TXT' was not found followed the on screen instructions press and hold the mode button then hold the power button til red LED flashes 3 times, nothing changes.

Least I figured out the playback issue lol

I never considered transferring it to my android tablet battery is dead on it atm but I'll try that.

No apology necessary, it can take a while to get used to it. With my Android phone & tablet, I just pop in the micro SD card & play the files using MX Player, which is a free App, though it's worth paying for the Pro version.

Thanks for the info, can anyone help with the phone issue? Is it the on the go cable at fault or the half wit trying to work it lol

Back