Video Review Lukas Lk-9370 WD

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I had this review up over two weeks ago actually when youtube suddenly decided to take it down claiming I violated their community guidelines saying it was a scam, spam, or deceptive content intending to trick people for financial gain. the strike made it so I couldn't upload long videos anymore, so after youtube reps said their are upholding their decision and won't reverse it I reuploaded it in two separate parts.

The next day they said they found it had not violated any community guidelines and reversed their decision. So now the original video is up again.

So in typical US Dash Camera fashion, my review is pretty much all in the video but I'll give my personal pros and cons:

Cons:

1. Video quality, as usual, a two channel system with video quality not up to par with pretty much any other good single channel system. This was pretty much expected though. Rear cam is only 24 fps at just over 5 mbps. Front I found to be just over 6 mbps.
2. The giant front silver part is so noticeable in your car window! I am finally getting use to having larger dashcams with screens, but I would at least like the front to look discrete. If they want it to be highly visible, a flashing light should just be an option (which it does have).
3. I really dislike the mount, the gray adhesive is so visible and ugly, the clear plastic is ugly (although its nice they give you two options) and while its more likely a permanent install, not a fan of the allen wrench installation. with two mounts and a 12v adapter cord it begs to be used in two cars (you can use the front by itself) but two cars could have different angles.

Pros:

1. Very feature packed, Lukas seems to really pack in as many features an optional features as they can. I still have yet to try the OBD-II for Lukas but its cool they have it as an option.
2. Menu options, I really appreciated that you can change settings of each front or rear camera independently of each other. For example the rear camera you can change the quality and LED indicator, independently of the front cam. They also have pretty in depth hard wire/battery options as you'll see in the video.
3. Including the hardwire kit is awesome and I think this should be standard. It would be nice if the 12v cig adapter was also included though.
4. Other accessories include a CPL, it comes with a UV filter lens, video out cable (which I did not receive or test).
5. SD and micro sd card slots to expand your storage, both included.
6. The new color is still glossy, but the piano black looks much better than the dark glittery gray of the last lukas cam I used.

Few other things I wanted to point out, reversing the image could mean it could be a potential back up cam, and this is an option in the menu for the rear cam. I know it may be illegal depending on where you live to display a video except while in reverse so setting it up like that is beyond me, but I assume it could be done with the video out to a cars nav screen.

I still have no clue what TS-IN is. EDIT: Turn Signal in.

this video was overly long, if you guys wanted to recommend what I could do to improve the pacing/watchability of my reviews that would be great. I might cut out the unboxing part of future videos because in reality who cares, I can just show whats included without showing the unboxing.

I still want to keep my focus on doing general reviews for people newer to dashcams though, so I don't want to get too into specs, as people like Sunny tend to do a great job getting the detailed specs regulars here like to see. Youtube users "UrAverageConsumer" is sort of who I try to mirror my videos off of.

Last edited:
Turn signal in :)

Turn signal in :)
oh thats cool, so your video recordings can show when you were signaling? thats awesome. I saw a video of a car that did that and I never knew of any cameras that did and was wondering how!

I've got the 9370 in the car at the moment but haven't had chance to wire in the OBD connection yet - some cars support it through that and others you can use this additional cable - I've got a piece of work that needs completing by the middle of next week and then I can spend some time looking into it :)

S

1. Video quality, as usual, a two channel system with video quality not up to par with pretty much any other good single channel system. This was pretty much expected though. Rear cam is only 24 fps at just over 5 mbps. Front I found to be just over 6 mbps.

wow, that's very low, surprised at that

this video was overly long, if you guys wanted to recommend what I could do to improve the pacing/watchability of my reviews that would be great. I might cut out the unboxing part of future videos because in reality who cares, I can just show whats included without showing the unboxing.

if you were going to change anything I'd say the unboxing is the first bit you could afford to lose

head up there appears to be a firmware update for several Lukas models including the lk9370 havent checked if the viewer is also updated yet firmware version 5.7.1 Ipol It appears that the viewer is unchanged at this moment

Last edited:
I have just updated to the version 5.7.1 will check it out as soon as possible it maybe tomorrow.....am busy insulating and re-plastering a wall at the moment......Ipol:(......the walls taking longer than expected.......correction its me thats taking longer than expected I should have added my age to the calculations :p

Last edited:
Sorry for my English understanding. Can someone please explain the meaning of this sentence posted at Lukas update procedure paragraph:

......Normal operation starts after formatting from the device. In case of ‘memory allocation 64KB on Windows 7’ excepted.....

Also does anyone else gets warning from Norton for www.lukasstore.com as an attack site?

Last edited:
Also does anyone else gets warning from Norton for www.lukasstore.com as an attack site?

Lukas store is being completely rebuilt, and the store at that domain is down.. Just showing a root directory of the domain.

Back