Video stuttering after playback file and others

ProfX

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have set my DR900S to record at 4K UHD @ 30fps, quality: high, using H265.

When I try to play the footage in BlackVue software or VLC player, the recording is basically unplayable (stuttering a lot) on my PC. I figured ,my computer doesn't have enough processing power? It has i5 Haswell CPU.

I also tried to upload the 1 min 4K footage onto YT however it shows that it is only SD quality (360p). I get the same result in Google Drive. Is it because it's not recognizing H265 format? What could be the problem?

The 1 min 4K footage is only around 90MB.

I also tried to upload the 1 min 4K footage onto YT however it shows that it is only SD quality (360p). I get the same result in Google Drive. Is it because it's not recognizing H265 format? What could be the problem?
when you upload to YouTube they re-encode starting at the lowest resolutions first, can take a while before any higher resolutions show up as available playback options

you could also upload a raw file and provide a link so others could check it

What microSD card are you using? Got another to try with?

What does the video resolution and bitrate show for a random 4K file (right click and select properties, if seeing Windows).

What microSD card are you using? Got another to try with?

What does the video resolution and bitrate show for a random 4K file (right click and select properties, if seeing Windows).

3840x2160 30fps, 10428kbps.

Back