Video transfer speed with app....very slow

young-nyc

Reaction score
Country
United States
so anyone else have this issue?
i have (2) 66w recording at 2k
I was trying to transfer about a minute of video front and rear, and i stopped at 2% and that was already over 5min of waiting, 100% would've probably taken over an hour.

10secs of video took about 5 min to transfer.
Is this normal?

thanks

No help for you here. I don't have any experience with the app transfer. I always have taken the cards out to transfer via a PC.

yeah i think that's the way to go, because woah, the transfer times are unbearable!

Yes, same problem here on my dash cam mini. It takes forever to download files from the camera to my iPhone, so I just pop the SD card out and do it on my computer which is 100 times faster.

definitely would have to be doing this going forward if i need to export some of the video files...phone transfer takes way too long

update: if you are recording at lower resolution, ie 1080, the transfer speed is definitely faster and bearable...i realized only to preview and transfer a few secs of the clip, and you'll be fine.

Hello guys !

I avoid taking out the SD cards as much as possible : the « latch » that holds the card in place is kinda fragile, I had to fix on my TomTom 6250 Pro GPS. If you just connect your 66W to a computer with a proper USB cable (the short one included with the 66w, for example), you can access all video clips ans pictures at a USB 2.0 speed, which is quite fast. Or at least, OK for me.

Note : the long cable included with the 66w is for power and charging only, it doesn't provide the data connection.

Take care, drive safe.

Back