Videos do not play :-(

triplesilk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone has had the same issue - when I look at the files created only the first several actually play on my PC. After a point, the files give me an error on playback. The files look the same size etc, but whether I use Dashcam viewer or a standard Windows viewer the file won't play.

Dashcam viewer said something about codecs, so I downloaded a K-Lite codec pack (1225). This stops the error message but nothing happens when I try to play the file. This has happened a few times - and every time I do something with the SD card on my PC and put in back in the car it only works for a day or so and then every file stops working from a point.

I have the 20160317 firmware. I did try to update to the 20160706_A7_805 826 firmware but it wouldn't update.

Any ideas would be appreciated - thanks in advance!

It's a 32gb card and both this and the cam are very new - so I've only known this issue so far. It's a Kingston card I think that came with the camera, but I could try a different card though I only have small ones laying about.

I've got similar problem with big size card. The camera works good with 16GB card but some people say it's possible to work with 64GB as well (according to manual it works with 32GB maximum) I decided to try.
So I formated new 64GB class 10 card to FAT32 and tried it. When card is in the camera light blinking red/blue which sows normal working. After few days I checked the card on my laptop with DATAKAM PLAYER.exe (RegistratorViewer.exe). First days (about 5-6GB) files are playable but after that all of them have yellow exclamation mark and can't be played. With plain WMP they don't play as well.
Does somebody can confirm 0805 works with 64GB. Any advice? My firmware version is old (end of 2014)

Thanks both. I thought I'd try formatting the card via the PC using the "Full" method (FAT32). It's taking ages and maybe not a good idea, but after it's finished I'll try that sd card tester thing...then hope for the best.

Right, I ran that test and got the result below. I'm guessing that the card is no good and there is nothing I can do about it?

Warning: Only 31967 of 31968 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
7.4 GByte OK (15664759 sectors)
23.7 GByte DATA LOST (49803657 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
23.7 GByte corrupted (49803657 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x0000000111fe8010
Expected: 0x1bd30101d0ae8110
Found: 0x1bd30101d0ae0110
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 5.42 MByte/s
Reading speed: 14.9 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Wow, are you certain about this? If it was 8gb then wouldn't the card just act in that way and start to record over existing videos after 8gb was used? I just mean that an 8gb card would work. I am probably missing something obvious here :-(

No the allocation table is faked so the device will think there is available space, part of the way these fakes work

Might want to let the seller know about the fake card. It's possible they may not even know they've been selling fake cards. I hope they didn't know.

Ah, thanks. It still seems funny to me as I can see the files in windows explorer and they have file length etc, but they just don't play. I don't expect much joy but I'll contact the eBay seller.

Back