Vids with trucks - traffic lights b4 int Bridge/ Real thing doesn't really stop

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
Huron Church in Windsor

Huron Church road in Windsor is the link between the Ambassador bridge (busiest border crossing in North America) and Highway 401. There used to be numerous stop lights and where there were fatal accidents with semi's coming from the highway that were unable to stop as they left the 401 and entered highway 3/ Huron church. As such homes and businesses on Huron church and Highway 3 were expropriated and highway 401 was extended. Numerous intersections were removed. Still, 401 can't be extended all the way up to the bridge and there are still cases of trucks having trouble stopping on the few traffic lights which remain.

-------------------
Real Thing doesn't really stop

Truck hauling the real thing, never really stops at two stops signs. Drives in the center of the road. Appears to have gone thru the pedestrian cross walk in front of Walmart.

Time and date on the Mobius is accurate. August 19, 2016 at 4:30

First video, I know the area. The whole road system is a mess. It's like they just dropped a bridge between 2 cities and didn't plan on how to efficiently connect the bridge to the rest of the system, they are still working on that almost 90 years later. Thankfully I live closer to Port Huron so I can use Blue Water bridge to go between Michigan and Ontario, completely skipping the messy Detroit and Windsor road system.

PS wish the people would hurry up and put a new bridge up soon. With today's technology, it'd be easier to plan and route roads more efficiently and make new bridge more efficient at handling traffic. I am tired of a certain rich pompous trying to stifle the whole project to prevent competition from cutting into his bridge toll profit while dragging his feet on his own bridge repair and construction.

I haven't seen accidents on that stretch of road in all the years I lived in Windsor, but my dad has (Cabana and Huron Church) and a girl I went to high school with - fatal accident involving her sister at hwy 3 and Howard. Today, both intersections would NOT see the truck traffic that the once did as a result of the new extension to the 401. However, the to connect from the 401 to the Ambassador bridge, trucks still need to drive on the 401 past EC row and there will still be accidents from trucks being unable to stop.

With all the problems and with the reputation of being one of the most dangerous stretches of road - I don't think I have ever seen cases of traffic enforcement there. There is no digital signs informing traffic coming from 401 what their current speed is.

Last edited:
Back