View video from SD card on a Tablet ?

Malbec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just bought a119s. Is it possible to view the video files by plugging the SD card into an Android Tablet?
If so which tablet works? The SD card reader for my iPhone/iPad does not read the files.
Thanks.

What card reader for the iPhone are you using. I heard that Apple did some kind of update that made some readers no longer work that used to. I think it included some Apple brand readers, so maybe they will fix it in another update.

Just using the adapter which I bought some time ago. I use it to download stills and video to the iPad from my canon digital camera.

Just using the adapter which I bought some time ago. I use it to download stills and video to the iPad from my canon digital camera.
Could it be your viewer app does not or is not set up to read the A119S ".mp4" type files?

you need to use a third party reader for the iPad, the Apple one will only read the files in a specific format, @Street Guardian USA has posted previously which readers will support this

for an Android tablet you just need an OTG card reader, very simple

This was working a year ago for all iOS devices but their are now reports of it not working with the latest iPhone's
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01LR4HJHO(Don't' think they follow MFI standards etc)

I know of another Lightning microSD card reader in the works that will have full MFI (future proof) compatibility coming soon but it's a few months away.

So if you have an older iOS device the one above will work today.

Thank you for replies. Will order a different reader for my iPhone/iPad.

VLC Player has a free Android app and it works OK on my low-end tablet, Get it from Google app store.

Phil

I just updated my iPhone 5S to the latest iOS 11.2.5 and my Dr. Memory lightning cable card reader still works fine, video and audio. The Dr. Memory appears to be the same as the Wioboy

OK I have resolved this. I didn’t appreciate that there were other card readers for Apple products. I have a Lexar card for the 119s and have bought a Lexar micro SD reader. This in conjunction with the free Lexar Mobile Manager app means I can view the video files on my iPad and iPhone. Job done !

Back