Viewer cannot read files

bish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My new 0806 mini quite happily recorded all my journeys yesterday. The movie files were easily viewed with VLC and others. Todays journeys were recorded but none of the viewers can read the movies. I tried using a 64 GbSandisk Ultra and a 128 Gb cheapie. They both performed the same. Day 1 perfect. Day 2 images taking up the usual space but cannot be played. I have the highest setting for 1296p best images ... but what baffles me is the fact that it recorded fine on day 1 and all was readable ... and recorded fine on day 2 but unreadable. I am using the firmware that came with the 0806 last week. I do not know if updating the firmware would make any difference since I cannot see anybody else having the same trouble..

A little late to this one....
Are you sure your SD cards are legit ?
My bootleg/fake SanDisk (claimed 128GB - was really only 14GB) SD card would look like it was recording files, but I couldn't view anything beyond the 14 GB.
Files after 14GB would look normal - correct timestamp, filename, & size, but if I opened one in a hex viewer it was nothing but nulls.

Try deleting all files off the cam and starting fresh. If you can read the files up to a certain file number you might want to run some of the FAKEFLASHTEST card tests.

Back