Viewing Files

Sdeel7491

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 2ch
I bought a card reader off Amazon and it will not work so returning it,I can't seem to get any advice on which reader will work with my iPad.

So I'm thinking because my iPad connects with the Cam via Wifi so easy, it would be easier to just bring the cam out of car and connect on the comfort of my settee!

Is there a problem me doing it this way long term?

It would stop people seeing me sat in the car looking at a screen thinking I've got out without my career!

Not many will work, that's an Apple issue, you might find copying over wifi a bit tedious after a while though

Further to @jokiin the download speed is very very slow and that's sitting in the car right under the unit.... at least in my case and I am using an iPhone 8
It does work on my phone but it is just slow so I don't bother.

handy for adjusting settings, checking camera aim etc, not practical for copying multiple files off

Just tried a genuine Apple card reader to my iPad, and get the same message no files found!
Yet I have been told it should support M P 4 format.
Anyone else had the same problem and got over it the files are there because I've downloaded them on my P C !

it won't work with the genuine Apple card reader, you need an aftermarket one with the right app, there's a couple around that are capable

Thanks for that any idea where to find them?

Cheers

there have been links posted before for some models available on Amazon, will have a look and see if I can find them

Thanks very much for your help, I've just been looking on You Tube and it seems I have to put the files into the PC and rename them!
It just seems like a lot of trouble for the convenience of viewing them on my iPad!

I thought it would be simple

Cheers

You don't need to rename them if you have a suitable card reader, unfortunately the genuine Apple one is restricted in what you can do with it

Back