Viewing live mobius footage

DashingCam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you get to see live visuals from mobius to help focus various lens? I’ve purchased the tv output cable and small reverse camera monitor, but can’t find a way to connect them. What else would I need?

Attachments

• 3F0E20B6-61E1-4EA8-8CB6-DFD3896D53CC.jpeg
    3F0E20B6-61E1-4EA8-8CB6-DFD3896D53CC.jpeg
    23.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 97C686E1-0F17-4AEC-8592-A1A72A58FF4C.jpeg
    97C686E1-0F17-4AEC-8592-A1A72A58FF4C.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 12
How do you get to see live visuals from mobius to help focus various lens? I’ve purchased the tv output cable and small reverse camera monitor, but can’t find a way to connect them. What else would I need?

See my post in the following link for some photos of a Mobius connected to an LCD monitor for the purpose of focusing and composing. In order to use a small monitor for focusing you will need to invest in one with suitable resolution. Many of these inexpensive small back-up camera monitors such as the one in your photo will not have a high enough resolution to do the job. Many of them are only 320 x 240 pixels. Ideally you will want one with 1920x1080p but you can get away with 800 x 480.

If you use the Mobius AV wiring harness and a monitor with a standard RCA video input all you need to connect the two is a standard RCA male to male cable. (as seen in my link). In my example, the camera is being powered via a 20,000 mAh power bank and the monitor is self powered via its own lithium-ion battery.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-varifocal-zoom-ir.30602/page-9#post-396526

Last edited:
The OP was asking how to use the AV wiring harness to view live Mobius "footage" but I agree that hooking the camera up to a PC in web cam mode is a good method for focusing a lens as long as you have no need to record anything to the memory card while viewing live on a monitor. Personally, I use both methods depending on how I'm using the camera.

I can’t seem to get it to work in webcam mode. I tried taking the SD card out, connecting mobius to laptop and pressing the shutter button. Didn’t work.

I find that Mobius is pretty picky in terms of what USB cable can work for use as a web cam. The one that comes with it seem to be fine for me.

Also try this software to see a live image when in web cam mode (I don't need to press any buttons):
WebCam Viewer

I can’t seem to get it to work in webcam mode. I tried taking the SD card out, connecting mobius to laptop and pressing the shutter button. Didn’t work.

If you happen to be on a Mac it's super easy using QuickTime Player which comes installed on your computer. I was going to say that you'll need a suitable software client on Windows but @Radius8 has already suggested one. If you do have a Mac just let me know and I'll post instructions. With Windows, it will depend on the software you're using.

Got it to work as webcam at last. I was being too gentle with the “shutter” button. I pressed it and held it down for a few seconds, it started to “set-up”.

Webcam viewer kept on crashing. AMCap demo version worked.

Back