Viewing the DV688 Videos.

MichaelB-WA

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there any software that can work with the DV688 to display picture-in-picture video on the computer?

The recommendation was to download the GPS player from their website www.blueskysea-inc.com. I downloaded the GX Player and the LIGO Player. They appear to be identical and neither has any documentation. There is no way I can see to display a picture-in-picture of the two cams simultaneously.

I also downloaded the DashCamViewer and paid for the registration to make sure I could use their program as it was intended. It too cannot show picture-in-picture for the DV688. It does work on other cams though.

you need to forward john a few of your raw files ( link to DL ) , so he can make your camera on the compatible list for dashcam viewer.

Personally i dont like PIP, or having several of my CCTV cameras going on a screen i can see, i do like that but just for getting the great picture if something is going down, i would go crazy if i had to watch it for any longer period of time.
Also think multi monitor for my PC are probably not for me, though i some times have my laptop going too, but then it is off to the side and sooner or later screen saver kick in.

I've tried two players recommended by them for other cams; one platform half-worked and the other didn't work at all :cautious: If you get desperate I think I have the set-up link to one of them, not sure which one though- I'll dig it up if you need it.

I don't use DashCamViewer much but it's a great platform- just more complex than I need. I've found the free "PotPlayer" to work well with all but h265 encoded cam files and it's my "go to" viewer for all cams. h265 can be a little choppy with it but still viewable and dead simple to use ;)

Phil

I've found the free "PotPlayer" to work well with all but h265 encoded cam files and it's my "go to" viewer for all cams. h265 can be a little choppy with it but still viewable and dead simple to use ;)
might be hardware dependent, I use PotPlayer also and get smooth playback on all files, PC is fairly well spec'd though

might be hardware dependent, I use PotPlayer also and get smooth playback on all files, PC is fairly well spec'd though
Probably. Mine's a low-spec and old WalMart-specific HP laptop. You have to wind it up tight every day or it quits working :ROFLMAO:

Phil

I downloaded PotPlayer and gave it a test run. I compared it to DashCamViewer.
PotPlayer Default.jpg
The above is the default screen for PotPlayer. And the next screen is the DashCamViewer default screen using the same video files.
I used MotoProCam files. I can not use the DV688 files in this manner. Even if I could, I do not yet have the GPS function operational. Waiting on the GPS Module to see if that will work.
Still unable to have picture-in-picture witht he DV688.
DCViewer Screen-Default.jpg

Is there a way to make PotPlayer work the same as DashCamViewer?

I've seen some pretty impresive videos with dual screen displays. I'm hoping to be able to duplicate those that I have seen.

Last edited:
I downloaded PotPlayer and gave it a test run. I compared it to DashCamViewer.
This is the default scren for PotPlayer. And the next scren is the DashCamViewer Default screen using the same video files.
Is there a way to make PotPlayer work the same as DashCamViewer?
if you mean to show picture in picture in PotPlayer I don't think it can do that, having synced front and rear files is pretty much a dashcam thing, not something a normal player has any need for

Well, I did ask about a Dash Cam viewing software, not a generic video player. I did not realize that Pot Player was not Dash Cam Viewing software. I would normally use VLC Media Player for normal video viewing.

So, not having picture-in-picture is no big deal but I would like to have a player that does display GPS data like speed, location, Map and direction of travel like DashCamViewer does.

There is a DVPlayer that does this but a registration code is required to dissplay GPS data. The proplem there is, I do not see a way to get a registration code. I did email admin@dvplayer.net and am waiting for a reply. Hopefully they will reply. DV Player looks to be a decent viewer.

There should be a link to buy a code on their website for $15 and they email the code to you ince you have paid. I did it this afternoon.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z DV688 2
T DV688 1
M DV688 16
34Ford DV688 4
1 DV688 1
Back