viewing video files after upgrade to A37

mowmow

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm having problem viewing the video files after firmware is upgraded to A37. It was working fine at A31
everything seems to work fine except I am unable to view the avi files. I have the latest k-lite codec installed.
but the video files plays like an audio no image, no sound. Any ideas which codec I need to view the files again.

So it looks like the video files although can be seen as an AVI file but the files are corrupted and cannot be view, is this an error on the cam or what is going on ? I haven't had a chance to swap SD card to test.

File uploaded

Attachments

• alwa_20150723_135922.zip
    193.1 KB · Views: 12
I uploaded a zipped file that contains the avi video file here, all you need is download the zip file and unzip it the avi file is within

Last edited:
I'm having problem viewing the video files after firmware is upgraded to A37. It was working fine at A31
everything seems to work fine except I am unable to view the avi files. I have the latest k-lite codec installed.
but the video files plays like an audio no image, no sound. Any ideas which codec I need to view the files again.

I'm going to assume that your memory card was not formated before you upgraded the firmware.
The file that you have provided us is a textbook definition of a corrupt file, and is unfortunately irretrievable as it is only a fragment [or trace] of the original file.

It looks like the new firmware either deleted and/or wrote over the original files leaving file-fragments behind during the process.

Small chance AC37 also updated the Codec. I notice the Lukas Viewer comes with H264, AVC, AAC updates.
I'm still having problems with corrupt files on AC37.

I'm going to assume that your memory card was not formated before you upgraded the firmware.
The file that you have provided us is a textbook definition of a corrupt file, and is unfortunately irretrievable as it is only a fragment [or trace] of the original file.

It looks like the new firmware either deleted and/or wrote over the original files leaving file-fragments behind during the process.

I did format the SD cards prior to upgrade with new firmware. I have replaced 2 new SD card since and now it's recording and the video files are playable. Too bad I can't rescue the corrupted files

I have a similar issue with the Lukas Viewer for LK-7900 ACE/firmware AC37 but on Mac platform.

The problem is --- I can open the Lukas Viewer (Mac), make changes to the configuration file but when I try to open a footage from the SD card, all the files (.avi) are in grey. The footage can be played without issues using other video players such as VLC.

Actually it is NOT dash cam firmware dependent. Prior to AC37, my dash cam came with AC21 (or AC23, can't remember which) and I upgraded it to AC37. So whether it is AC37 or something older, the video files (.avi) are all in grey.

I am still running OS X (10.9.5 -- i.e., still Maverick).

As no video files could be opened within the Lukas Viewer on Mac, the GPS logging becomes un-viewable.

Lukas Viewer was updated for AC37, so using an older viewer version would not work well.
Why? The config file has extra settings, and the Codec update.

The in-cam SD card format seems to be just a delete. It has to leave the log and config.bin file there. I am having success instead doing a low-level SD card format on my PC, that stops the file corruption... we'll see for how long.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sundash LK-7900 2
T LK-7900 7
randy LK-7900 4
D LK-7900 14
Cheswick LK-7900 6
Back