Viewing (zooming in)

Fairynuff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware Q800 Pro
I have a (new) Q800 Pro (in a new car). I was involved in an incident with a stolen car being chased by a police car. The occupants of the stolen car bailed out and ran when it crashed. I have film clips of it one of which contains a face. Each 20 second clip is 50mb which I presume indicates detail/resolution? How can I zoom in on that face; do I need special viewing software / does such software exist?

If you need zoom in a video, you need a video editing or re-encoding software with those abilities. There's some free software out there, for example OpenShot or Shotcut (you can find tutorials on Youtube).

If you need still images/screenshots, media players such as VLC and Media Player Classic allow you to take screenshots from videos. According to the spec sheet the Q800 Pro records with max. 2560x1440. You would get an image of that size, if you recorded at maximum quality, where you can reasonably zoom in a bit with image editing software (e.g. Paint on Windows).

It will be blurry no matter what you chose to do though, don't expect any miracles.

Last edited:
Back