Vigilantism? Guy with a bike + visor cam

Matt_V939

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
Dash Cam
Mobius1&Mini,A118C+A119V2,(Fake)DODL500, YI,GP3,One X,Go
I understand many cyclists, getting a camera, but just like dashcams i have also seen a lot of cyclists that should not record what they are doing CUZ thats just as bad some times.
Actually overprotected cyclists ( by the Danish law ) was what got me into dashcams in the first place, CUZ give a cyclist a bruise and you will have to retake your driving license...... which is also okay if it is your fault alone, but thats sadly not the case often, and many times i see cyclist just asking for it with their total disregard for the rules of traffic.

It is a dual edged sword we carry.

I do hope Mike have better experience reporting people to the police, here i feel that is pretty much a pointless exercise, and this fact just infuriate me.

Actually overprotected cyclists ( by the Danish law ) was what got me into dashcams in the first place, CUZ give a cyclist a bruise and you will have to retake your driving license...... which is also okay if it is your fault alone, but thats sadly not the case often, and many times i see cyclist just asking for it with their total disregard for the rules of traffic.
It seems the UK is going to follow the Danelaw soon, with the responsibility being placed mainly on those who are better protected, which maybe means that cyclists going through red lights must not be hit by car drivers! It will be interesting to see how the courts deal with the change, until a few cases have been heard I don't think we can guess at the result, I'm hoping that going through a red light will still place the responsibility 100% on the cyclist.

It is unfortunate in a way that pedestrians and cyclists receive this kind of extra protection by the law, i will fight HARD to not have to retake my license BECUZ of a idiot cyclist or pedestrian.
And it is also evident that even pedestrians dont know the rules for them, even if they are even simpler than for cyclists.

Back