Viking on the SJDASH

Viking

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
WR1, Mini 906, 2*A119S, SJDash
The last couple of days the weather has not been to good here, lot of rain. So I got a chance to installed the camera and get a little around as taxi driver for some of the families today.

There is sometime a little white shine in the middle of the screen, its the reflection from the silver around the lens.
If people compare my clips with @kamkar1 clip of license plate, there might think something is wrong with the camera, that's not the case. USA plates is just much more hard to get good shoot on.

The first clip is where I leaving DC trough some tunnel system. Its a good place to test camera, it switch from dark to bright light and back to dark again.The tunnel facing to the south, so there is always a powerful light coming in around noon time.

Here is the bitrate, it keep very stabil in all the files I have upload, day and night so no need to add it to each single file.
sjdash.JPG

Enter Virginia some overcast, but still good light, the sun is in the front of the car, so here is some reflection from the dashboard. @ 4:00 you got a sneak peek of Pentagon on the right side of the screen.

Driving west on 66. A guy didn't read the BIG road sign and was in a hurry to switch the lane. I tried to take a close look on the license plate. I'm not sure what the first letter is.
sjdash2.JPG

A half hour before dusk, but no sign from camera that there is low light. Dark cloud is coming in and more rain to come.
In the next 3 clips I have muted the sound, got some private talk.

Early night and the heavy rain has slowed down. Lot of shine from street light, road and cars.
I think my wiper blades is close to end of life.

Night time and I'm on some darker road, with limit street light, still slow raining.

Last edited:
You can say a lot about our American friends, but make readable license-plates they can not.

The last couple of days the weather has not been to good here, lot of rain. So I got a chance to installed the camera and get a little around as taxi driver for some of the families today.

There is sometime a little white shine in the middle of the screen, its the reflection from the silver around the lens.
If people compare my clips with @kamkar1 clip of license plate, there might think something is wrong with the camera, that's not the case. USA plates is just much more hard to get good shoot on.

The first clip is where I leaving DC trough some tunnel system. Its a good place to test camera, it switch from dark to bright light and back to dark again.The tunnel facing to the south, so there is always a powerful light coming in around noon time.

Here is the bitrate, it keep very stabil in all the files I have upload, day and night so no need to add it to each single file.
View attachment 32659

Enter Virginia some overcast, but still good light, the sun is in the front of the car, so here is some reflection from the dashboard. @ 4:00 you got a sneak peek of Pentagon on the right side of the screen.

Driving west on 66. A guy didn't read the BIG road sign and was in a hurry to switch the lane. I tried to take a close look on the license plate. I'm not sure what the first letter is.
View attachment 32660

A half hour before dusk, but no sign from camera that there is low light. Dark cloud is coming in and more rain to come.
In the next 3 clips I have muted the sound, got some private talk.

Early night and the heavy rain has slowed down. Lot of shine from street light, road and cars.
I think my wiper blades is close to end of life.

Night time and I'm on some darker road, with limit street light, still slow raining.

Thanks for sharing! I think several people have mentioned the silver lens trim...

We look forward to viewing more footage! :)

There's a distinctive high frequency buzz in the audio, noticeable even in the video with the radio sound. :(
I like the timestamp in the upper part of the picture, though. :)

Here is more Dash cam clip from today, when I took a drive in to DC.

I have compare these follow Dashcam today.

SJDASH, Viofo WR1 and Viofo a119s. All of the camera use the latest firmware.

a119s is the only dashcam that come with a CPL and its on.

Location of dashcam in the windows are SJDASH top, a119s bottom left and WR1 bottom right.

The SJDASH stand alone clip is in the previous post.

a119s clip you will find in this post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...age-quality-firmware.29446/page-9#post-356557

WR1 clip you will find in this post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/video-firmware-1-0.29626/#post-356559

Last edited:
I think a CPL lens could be helpful to take some of the reflection.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N SJDASH 0
J SJDASH 7
D SJDASH 2
TonyCams SJDASH 10
Viking SJDASH 1
Back