VIOFO А119V3 FIRMWARE

Try gentlemen
The default bit rate is selected in the menu.
Added a red line, 1 minute, added sharpness

Thanks. I'm starting testing the new Mod firmware.

Try gentlemen
The default bit rate is selected in the menu.
Added a red line, 1 minute, added sharpness
What's your settings with this modded F/W :)

Resolution =
Bitrate =
Loop Recording =
Video Format =

Exposure =
HDR =
Parking Mode =
Enter Parking Mode Timer =
Parking Record Duration
Parking G-sensor =

Parking Motion Detection =
Time-Lapse Recording =
Motion Detection =
GPS =

Speed Unit =
G-Sensor =
Date Stamp =
GPS Info Stamp =

Camera Model Stamp =
Record Audio =
Screen Saver =
Boot Delay =

LED =
Date/Time =
Time Zone =
Language =

Beep Sound =
Frequency =
Image Rotation =
Format =

Format Warning =
Default Setting =
Car Number =
Custom Text Stamp =

Default settings Mod firmware from @vvs49 - MOD_2_St v2.4 20210303
1. Resolution - 2560x1440P 30fps
2. Bitrate - Medium
3. Loop Recording - 1 Minute
4. Video Format - MP4
>
5. Exposure - -1/3
6. HDR - On
7. Parking Mode - Off
8. Enter Parking Mode Timer - Off
>
9. Parking Recording Duration - 48 Hours
10. Parking G-sensor - High Sensivity
11. Parking Motion Detection - Middle Sensivity
12. Time-lapse Recording - Off
>
13. Motion Detection - Off
14. GPS - On
15. Speed Unit - KM/H
16. G-sensor - Off
>
17. Date stamp - On
18. GPS Info Stamp - All info
19. Camera model Stamp - On
20. Record Audio - Off
>
21. Screen Saver - 1 Minute
22. Boot Delay - Off
23. LED - On
24. Date/Time - 01.03.2021
>
25. Time Zone - GMT 0
26. Language - English
27. Beep Sound - Button Beep Only
28. Frequency - 50 Hz
>
29. Image Rotation - Off
30. Image Mirror - Off
31. Format - Cancel
32. Format Warning - Off
>
33. Default Setting - OK
Car Number - No
35. Custom Text Stamp - No
36. Firmware Version - "A119V3:V2.4 VVS49_MOD_2"
Resolution-2560x1440P 30fps
Bitrate-Medium
Loop Recording-1 Minute
Video Format-MP4
>
Exposure--1/3
HDR-On
Parking Mode-Off
Enter Parking Mode Timer-Off
>
Parking Recording Duration-48 Hours
Parking G-sensor-High Sensivity
Parking Motion Detection-Middle Sensivity
Time-lapse Recording-Off
>
Motion Detection-Off
GPS-On
Speed Unit-KM/H
G-sensor-Off
>
Date stamp-On
GPS Info Stamp-All info
Camera model Stamp-On
Record Audio-Off
>
Screen Saver-1 Minute
Boot Delay-Off
LED-On
Date/Time-
01.03.2021​
>
Time Zone-GMT 0
Language-English
Beep Sound-Button Beep Only
Frequency-50 Hz
>
Image Rotation-Off
Image Mirror-Off
Format-Cancel
Format Warning-Off
>
Default Setting-OK
Car Number-No
Custom Text Stamp-No
Firmware Version-A119V3:V2.4
VVS49_MOD_2

Last edited:
How can I modify the original factory default value to what I want. (Because my a119 v3 is sometimes restored to the original factory and needs to be set again)

Looks great to me. Audio sounds a lot better than the VIOFO 2.4 i was using before too.

Apologies for the newbie question.
When using "A119V3:V2.4 VVS49_MOD_2" do I have to keep the resolution at "2560x1440P 30fps" for things to work correctly, or can I change the resolution to "2560x1080P 30fps" ?

Apologies for the newbie question.
When using "A119V3:V2.4 VVS49_MOD_2" do I have to keep the resolution at "2560x1440P 30fps" for things to work correctly, or can I change the resolution to "2560x1080P 30fps" ?
You can change the resolution to anything you want. In fact, you might like to try different settings just to see what works best for you.

You can change the resolution to anything you want. In fact, you might like to try different settings just to see what works best for you.

Thanks.

Another question. What is the purpose of the red line in that appears on the screen, is it ensuring better horizontal levelling of the unit, and / or correct angle for the lens, or something else?

The red line was an innovation introduced by @vvs49. It makes it easier to align the camera with the horizon for best exposure. You want perhaps 50% sky and 50% road and car hood. Some find that 40/60 works best. Either way it can make this easier. The red line can also make aligning the camera properly during installation easier as well.

The red line was an innovation introduced by @vvs49. It makes it easier to align the camera with the horizon for best exposure. You want perhaps 50% sky and 50% road and car hood. Some find that 40/60 works best. Either way it can make this easier. The red line can also make aligning the camera properly during installation easier as well.

thanks. A very handy feature

@vvs49 thanks for your hard work to make better the firmware of V119 v3, because original firmware lacks on many features settings. Can you please implement the option that when the car in front of you starts, to be announced with a sound? something similar had the Prestigio 700gps camera in the firmware(cuz I'm still on the phone at the traffic light because it takes 2-3 minutes and I forgot to leave right away :)

Hi all. I have just got my A119 V3 today. Would you recommend I go with the latest Viofo firmware first and get used to it or go straight to this custom firmware?
Sorry if this sounds a daft question. I haven't installed it yet in the car as want to do the config in the house
Cheers Matt

I would just go by what ever firmware the camera came with and then go modified later on, but i am also very much in a hurry to get the camera installed every time i get a new one.

@vvs49 thanks for your hard work to make better the firmware of V119 v3, because original firmware lacks on many features settings. Can you please implement the option that when the car in front of you starts, to be announced with a sound? something similar had the Prestigio 700gps camera in the firmware(cuz I'm still on the phone at the traffic light because it takes 2-3 minutes and I forgot to leave right away :)

Distracted driving caused by cell phones is a serious problem. Where I live in the USA, and in many other locations, using a cell phone or any other hand held device while operating a motor vehicle is now illegal because there have been so many traffic accidents and fatalities caused by distracted drivers using cell phones. Studies have demonstrated that using a cell phone while driving is actually more dangerous than driving while drunk.

You are asking for a feature that will help you be a distracted driver on a cell phone. It is really best to pay attention to the road, even if you are stopped at a traffic light. Since you say that this happens often enough that you need a feature on a dash cam to get you to pay attention to the cars in front of you at traffic lights it definitely sounds like a problem that won't get fixed by a dash cam.

Distracted driving caused by cell phones is a serious problem. Where I live in the USA, and in many other locations, using a cell phone or any other hand held device while operating a motor vehicle is now illegal because there have been so many traffic accidents and fatalities caused by distracted drivers using cell phones. Studies have demonstrated that using a cell phone while driving is actually more dangerous than driving while drunk.

You are asking for a feature that will help you be a distracted driver on a cell phone. It is really best to pay attention to the road, even if you are stopped at a traffic light. Since you say that this happens often enough that you need a feature on a dash cam to get you to pay attention to the cars in front of you at traffic lights it definitely sounds like a problem that won't get fixed by a dash cam.
I appreciate your concern for safe driving. I have been allowed in a wild city for 14 years and no accidents, I am also a driving instructor as a miscellaneous fact. What I asked for was when I do NOT drive but when I park at the red light.

I appreciate your concern for safe driving. I have been allowed in a wild city for 14 years and no accidents, I am also a driving instructor as a miscellaneous fact. What I asked for was when I do NOT drive but when I park at the red light.

"Parked?" The fact that you need an alert to let you know that cars right in front of you are moving because you are on your phone means that you are a distracted driver. It doesn't matter that you are "parked" at a traffic light. Most people, even when they are using a cell phone while in the driver's seat of a car at a traffic light would at least be aware that the car in front of them has suddenly started moving. It's called situational awareness. It makes me wonder what you do when you are on the phone if this is a regular enough problem that you want a feature on your dash cam to get your attention. Maybe you are not looking at the road because you are texting? That's actually worse than talking on a phone.

I'm kind of surprised to hear that you are a driving instructor, as most people in your profession usually teach safe driving practices and try to set a good example for their students. And just because you haven't been in a car accident for many years doesn't mean it can't happen. I suspect that's one of the reasons you own a dash cam.

Where I live, if a cop saw you "parked" at a traffic light talking on your phone or texting, especially if he noticed that you were not aware that traffic had begun moving again, you would be issued a ticket with a rather large fine and points on your license. He wouldn't be interested in your explanations.

This conversation makes me think about some footage I captured of a girl in front of me in stop and go traffic. She nearly rolled into the car in front of her because she was looking at her phone instead of the road. Not only was she not watching the road but she had both hands off the steering wheel! :arghh: (sorry for the sort of off topic posts, but my vote is to not implement the requested feature, assuming it would even be doable.)

varifocal_1.jpg

varifocal_3.jpg

varifocal_2.jpg

Last edited:
I understand your worries, in my city you stay very close to the one in front because it is very crowded and it is extremely difficult to drive and have many traffic lights where you stay even for 5 minutes. But let me explain another situation: when I have to go back to the children in the back seat, or maybe I'm watching a commercial on the left while I'm WAITING(no driving) at the traffic light. Most dashcams have implemented this feature because IT really HELPS.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I understand your worries, in my city you stay very close to the one in front because it is very crowded and it is extremely difficult to drive and have many traffic lights where you stay even for 5 minutes. But let me explain another situation: when I have to go back to the children in the back seat, or maybe I'm watching a commercial on the left while I'm WAITING(no driving) at the traffic light. Most dashcams have implemented this feature because IT really HELPS.

Here on DCT it's always interesting hearing about (and seeing) people's driving habits in different countries and cultures. I can't say I agree with your approach to driving in your city but if it works for you then that's what matters I suppose.

I grew up and learned to drive in New York City, so I know what it is like to drive in a busy, crowded city like you describe. The drivers there can be especially aggressive. I always found it best to pay attention in crowded traffic and at red lights too.! All kinds of crazy things happen when you least expect them to. The laws expect you to pay attention as well. Driving while using a cell phone, (even at a traffic light) is illegal in New York City just the same as it is in the rural area I live in now.

The fine for the first offense in NYC can be $150.00, second offense $250.00 and a third offense within 18 months will cost you as much as $450 - plus surcharges! - plus points on your license!

Edit: Many years ago, when I moved to the new rural location in the state I live in now I was required to take a driving test to get a new license. When I went to take the test I showed my old NYC driver's license to the guy at the DMV and when he saw that I was from New York City and heard that I'd been driving there for many years and that I had even learned to drive there he said, "You don't need a test" and he signed my paperwork and sent me on my way! :)

Last edited:
Here on DCT it's always interesting hearing about (and see) people's driving habits in different countries and cultures. I can't say I agree with your approach to driving in your city but if it works for you then that's what matters I suppose.

I grew up and learned to drive in New York City, so I know what it is like to drive in a busy, crowded city like you describe. The drivers there can be especially aggressive. I always found it best to always pay attention in crowded traffic and at red lights too.! All kinds of crazy things happen when you least expect them to. The laws expect you to pay attention as well. Driving while using a cell phone, (even at a traffic light) is illegal in New York City just the same as it is in the rural area I live in now.

The fine for the first offense can be $150.00, second offense $250.00 and a third offense within 18 months will cost you as much as $450 - plus sur charges! - plus points on your license!

I just hope that in the future these fines will be in my country and that they will be strictly observed, only that when you have many roads with one direction of travel, traffic jams form quite often. My city is much smaller than New York and my country unfortunately ranks 1st in Europe in road deaths precisely because of road infrastructure and small fines. thank you for exposing some situations that I will also present to some students how it circulates in the USA;)

Back