VIOFO А119V3 FIRMWARE

Put an A4 white paper on car dashboard. Rotate the CPL in the front of the camera and look at the camera display. When will be less reflections from the paper on display that will be the best position.
Usually there is a mark on the margin of the CPL lens, it must be on the middle of the slot of the CPL case.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
How to fit the CPL filter correctly? The glass is spinning and I don't know what position it should be in.

Here is a real time demonstration of what @Mtz is describing only with a different polarizer and a different camera fitted with a different lens (telephoto). All one needs to do is observe the reflections you want to eliminate on your camera's screen and turn the polarizer until they disappear. Then mark the spot and secure the polarizer in position.

Mtz, Cirrus, Dashmellow, Karagandinez.......

Thank you all for your help. When I come back from work, I will try to set the filter and let you know if I was successful.

I wasn't aware the Viofo CPL was that adjustable. It probably can be rotated but not as easy as some others as the Viofo lenses are inside the housing.

A119 V3 V2.5 Firmware Changelog:​

1. Add resolution: 2880x2160 P30 (once chosen , cam will automatically switch to H.265.) .
@viofo @VIOFO-Support I consider an useful resolution could be 2880x1440 or some other 21:9 aspect ratio like 3440x1440. The actual 2880x2160 is 1.3 and I don't know who is using this resolution in real life. If some people are happy to see the 4K logo on their camera display you can offer 3440x1440 (4K used by LG).

1.3 aspect is just recording too much sky and too much dashboard and I consider are wasted pixels and space on card. There are too many people which are pointing the camera to record the sky instead of the road just because they want to take out the dashboard or motor hood from their recorded videos. That people are recording poor quality videos just because of bad orientation of the lens. And if they will post their poor videos other people will conclude that V3 is a poor camera.
I anybody recording here as 4:3 (1.333)?

I know that V3 have already 21:9 but if offering more resolution why to not offer something useful like 21:9 instead of 4:3? And keep it as H265.

enjoy,
Mtz

I was using 21:9 in my Civic and it worked well. But the windscreen on the Jazz is more angled and the ratchets on the V3 are such that in 21:9 I get a lot of dash and no sky. If I then click it up a notch the auto EV kicks in and makes the footage very dark.

At the moment I'm using the native 2560x1440 which shows enough sky, a lot of dash but the footage brightness works.

Reactions: Mtz
If I then click it up a notch the auto EV kicks in and makes the footage very dark.
The @viofo firmware engineers should look at this fine tuning of EV and fix it.

From my experience/testing, 21:9 just puts black bars across the top and bottom but the EV is still using the area within the top black bar for it's adjustment.

What I need is no top black bar but a double height bottom black bar.

I test original firmware 2.5 as same as vvs 2.5 with various settings but due to my car has LED headlights it's impossible to read license plate during night drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Trying to film at night or expect too much with what is essentially a very small box is impossible. Especially with vehicle closing speeds being ~60mph in urban and unlit areas.

I personally think we are maybe asking too much ?

As long as it picks up the important vehicle manoeuvres to backup an insurance claim.

I've been scouring my back footage looking for a similar night shot under halogen and I can't find one ..... yet

I always provide a RAW file download link, usually Dropbox, because viewing in YouTube always degrades the original quality IMO.

ere are 2 night ride video with vvs 2.5 firmware.
Why do you ride with such a resolution !! ??
5MP sensor, and you are 2 MP, and I can't read the numbers at night, through a row.
Keep to the left lane in your row !!

Attachments

• 119.jpg
    119.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: gse
Original video has proper resolution.

I compressed videos just to have smaller size.
Anyhow even on original it's the same, license plates are not readable during night.

For approx. 100 euro this camera is not perfect!

IMG_20211007_191903.jpgIMG_20211007_191925.jpg

Back