VIOFO А119V3 FIRMWARE

The links show 404. Maybe they work if you are registered to the forum. It's difficult for me to register because the captcha requires reading Russian.
To download the firmware, you need to log in to the forum.

Reactions: gse
s there an archive of all modded firmwares somewhere?
I will put the archive on google drive.
I remove the firmware that I no longer use in the archive, so I need a little time.
But you should know what mod firmware with bitrate > 30 does not work in parking mode!!

Last edited:
50 mb/s mod has been working perfectly for me. Sandisk High Endurance 128 card seems to handle it just fine without frame drops.

I actually can't remember which one of the files I ended up using, so thanks go to all modders equally. :)

In 2.6t, How do I turn off the new feature where it beeps when a car in front of me starts moving from a stopped position. Also there’s another thing where it play some music that sounds like you’re at a church randomly, I believe it displays a cup of coffee when this happens. Not sure what triggers it. But I want all that crap off.

In 2.6t, How do I turn off the new feature where it beeps when a car in front of me starts moving from a stopped position
In the menu, the item Driving safety-Stop and start - Off, and also the item Button sounds - Off

New firmware update just posted on Viofo site; do you recommend to install it or remain to 2.6T ?

1663838165747.png

Isn’t 2.6T a custom version of the firmware but based on a version of the official 2.6?

If you upgrade then I’m sure you’ll lose any of the customised features that you might make use of.

Isn’t 2.6T a custom version of the firmware but based on a version of the official 2.6?

If you upgrade then I’m sure you’ll lose any of the customised features that you might make use of.
All firmware versions 2.6T and the latest version 2.6 are official.
T=test.

Viofo released 5 test firmware 2.6T
FWA119V3_V2.6T_(20210928)
FWA119V3_V2.6T_(20211019)
FWA119V3_V2.6T_(20211029)
FWA119V3_V2.6T_(20211203)
FWA119V3_V2.6T_(20220215)

Last edited:
I will occasionally try out new firmware but always end up going back to version 1.03 20190911 which means entering all the settings again. Is there a way to save a set of settings on an SD card and then reinstalling them when required?

Same as me, I've tried most of the new firmware but always go back to 1.03

I get the impression, right or wrong, that versions from v2 lean towards improving night footage to the detriment of daytime. I find 1.03 night footage OK for me.

I get the impression, right or wrong, that versions from v2 lean towards improving night footage to the detriment of daytime. I find 1.03 night footage OK for me.
You may be correct. On newer firmware the images look soft. With lower contrast and the colours less saturated, even with the CPL, to my eyes . Also, I use a USB power pack to power parking mode which always works with 1.03 but has given me troubles with other firmware.

still, it is fun to try new things but I just wish there was a way to save a group of settings like I can on my digital camera.

Yes, but I think is different frame comparing with the one HDR off. Other than that all the pictures with HDR ON are much better than the one without, both day and night.

@Kremmen, have you noticed any difference between 1.03 and 1.04?

Thanks for the info.

Also, I use a USB power pack to power parking mode which always works with 1.03 but has given me troubles with other firmware.
On all firmwares starting from version 2.0, the parking mode works without problems.
Personally, I used: "Low Bitrate Recording".

I haven't driven much since installing 1.04. One thing I have noticed is that my 1.04 footage seems darker, different contrast. The end result is that 1.03 looks better, brighter. It could be a seasonal change so I've temporarily switched that V3, I have 2, back to 1.03 for next weekend.

I'd be interested to know what the 1.04 mod actually contained.

What should be noted is we all have different requirements and the latest 2.6 is better for a lot of drivers as they have found they are capturing some countries number plates in better detail. I'm not convinced the mix of UK multi-layer highly reflective plastic plates and wide angle LED headlights is solvable.
Perhaps someone can correct me but the number plates shown in examples seem to be surface painted black and white and not like the UK where the numbers are behind a top sheet of clear acrylic ?

There is no right or wrong decision. Test and choose what works best for you.

Last edited:
Back