Viofo 119S on sale from China

medash

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
AusdomA261 / Vantrue R2 / A119
Light In The Box has Viofo A119S V2 1080p Dash Cam w/ GPS Module for $74.99. Shipping is free (select 11-16 business day shipping)....
But (if there is a problem) returns on you .... to China

What are they normally?

I'd much rather pay an extra $10-20 and get one from a local Retailer and get looked after ... rather than bother sending it back to China and having to deal with them.
Taking the time to wrap, take it to the PO ... and pay postage is $10-20 bucks worth right there... and then there's the longer wait. Nah ... pass.

What are they normally?

I'd much rather pay an extra $10-20 and get one from a local Retailer and get looked after ... rather than bother sending it back to China and having to deal with them.
Taking the time to wrap, take it to the PO ... and pay postage is $10-20 bucks worth right there... and then there's the longer wait. Nah ... pass.

$120 at amazon normally I believe. I still wouldnt buy a 75 dollar item from one of these sketchy china places.

The selection of the seller on eBay.ca is very important to me because I live over 7,200 miles from Shenzen China in Central Ontario Canada.
I contacted a number of sellers and selected 2013tranhowe123, total cost $116.99.
Kristina, on the order desk was very knowledgeable about the Viofo A119S and was very helpful with my order.
The shipper did a great job and was able to provide the same tracking number for 2 countries making things easier.
The A119S with the latest firmware and all accessories was shipped by the seller Wed. Aug. 16th and arrived 8 days later at my home, on the south shore of Georgian Bay Thur. Aug 24th.
The packaging was very well done and couldn’t be better. It reminded me how Apple packages there equipment.
My dash camera package was received in perfect condition. I'm very happy with the seller 2013tranhowe123, shipper ePacket, Viofo and eBay.ca.

Related note:
Doesn't Ebay cover you if it is counterfeit?
How do you actually know its fake or real?

eBay has a guarantee, here is the link.
eBay Buyer protection order guaranteed or money refunded
Learn as much about the product before you contact the seller or retailer.
Contact Sellers or Retailers and ask specific detailed questions regarding product and service support.
You'll get better after sale support as a result of establishing a better rapport with the Seller.
Look up the history of the seller/retailer.
My Seller, 2013tranhowe123, checked out perfectly for me and they've been with eBay over 4 yrs..
The A119s met my expectations and I’m completely satisfied,

Last edited:
You can get some very good deals buying direct from China, something I do fairly often :) As long as everything goes right you save money, but if there's any kind of problem do not expect an easy, cheap, or fast resolution of the problem :( Better to buy from known trusted local sources even if it costs a little more- the extra peace of mind is worth it :cool:

Phil

If you buy any product from any country other than your own, there is extra costs to both the buyer and seller.
Obviously that just comes with the territory.
I bought from Shenzen China because I wanted the latest model with latest updates and I got it.
No problems in any way shape or form.

You can get some very good deals buying direct from China, something I do fairly often :) As long as everything goes right you save money, but if there's any kind of problem do not expect an easy, cheap, or fast resolution of the problem :( Better to buy from known trusted local sources even if it costs a little more- the extra peace of mind is worth it :cool:

Phil

Yep - as long as there's no problems out of the Box or down the track. Are you feeling lucky? :D

My take on Dash Cams is that it is still early days in their development by small Taiwanese, Chinese and Korean manufacturers that are still sorting out design flaws.
Then there are the manufacturers of the components that manufactures are relying on to improve quality and reliability of their units. They are also on a huge learning curve.

Because of the above ... problems are much more likely to occur until they get their Dash Cams more advanced ... certainly before I would take the risk on bypassing local support and dealing directly with China.

Buying local is your Insurance ... and especially with more cheaply made Chinese gadgets ... I reckon it is a wise investment :p

Last edited:
Get squaretrade when you buy from china.

It is cheap insurance.

I would Cladly buy this from Finland, but it's not sold anywhere. Only option to import here.

I would Cladly buy this from Finland, but it's not sold anywhere. Only option to import here.

I’m sure all of us would like to buy locally and do so when we can.
However, unfortunately, that’s not always possible.

It probably isn't so much a matter of purchasing locally than getting your Cam from a reputable Retailer regardless of which Country they operate from.
I suppose you'd also have to consider the reliability of that Country's Postal Service.

For example - Being in Australia, If I wanted a Street Guardian, and say ... they weren't available in AUS ... I am 100% confident that Capture Your Action over in the US would look after me.
I would have no hesitation in ordering from CYA in the US ... or Canada or the UK. Local is to support your Homie ... and easier/cheaper to send your Cam back if required, only it usually isn't.

Last edited:
ePacket in China is the best mail service I've ever had for an online order from anywhere else including USA and UK..
They use a tracking number system that was compatible for both Canada and China.
The same tracking number is used from start to finish so the shipment transition is good.
It is a fast well detailed system with absolutely no surprises.
I have the personal experience to back it up.
*Mon. Aug. 14, 2017 – 8PM ordered from eBay.ca,
*Wed. Aug. 16th Sent to carrier, ePacket in Shenzen China
Tracking # LM555301922CN via ePacket/Canada Post
*Thur. Aug 17th left China for Canada
*Tue. Aug. 22nd arrived in Richmond, BC Canada handed to Customs
*Wed. Aug. 23rd released from Customs, in transit
*Thur. Aug. 24th received delivery at my home in Central Ontario Canada
My order included free shipping.

Last edited:
You can get one from amazon.uk,according to our experience,it takes about 7 days for delivery to your country.

The rapid shift toward online shopping is raising a wide range of policy issues for governments around the world,
affecting decisions on shipping rates, duty-free limits and how to collect taxes.
Some of these issues are currently being discussed, in the context of the renegotiation of the North American free-trade agreement.
International mail rates are set by a United Nations agency called the Universal Postal Union.
Canada Post announced it has recently negotiated price hikes affecting mail from China to Canada that will start in 2018.
The new rates will be based on weight and the mailing prices will continue to rise until 2021.

No, you can't. "This item does not ship to Finland."
Well,so have a try to find one local seller or you can get one from eBay.

Found one for around 80€ with hardwirekit :) Let's wait and see what I get.

Back