Viofo 129-Camera shutting off at night

Suejoy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am using SD card Samsung U3 EVO Select 128gb and twice now the camera has stopped recording at night (once at 11pm and last night at 6pm), parking mode at low bitrate and normal recording at 60fps .
Why would the camera stop recording?

Do you have motion detection on? When is recording stopping? During a drive or only in parking mode? When was the last time you formatted the card inside the camera?

motion detection is off, recording stops in parking mode and the first time this happen ed I formatted the card and 2 days later it stopped recording again at night when the car is parked and goes into parking mode...

motion detection is off, recording stops in parking mode and the first time this happen ed I formatted the card and 2 days later it stopped recording again at night when the car is parked and goes into parking mode...
Maybe you need to change the minimum voltage settings on the hardwire kit.

I am not using hardwire kit as my acc has power all the time, I will try another sd card.

I am not using hardwire kit as my acc has power all the time, I will try another sd card.
XPjzTnP.png

Might not be "living dangerously" doing this-I have a 2-channel cam running constantly myself with no issues. But I do have to drive the vehicle every day for enough distance to top off the car battery, and I do have a big battery. So while it works for me, it won't work for everyone.

Hardwire kits with selectable voltage cut-off points are definitely a good idea for most folks, and I'll add my voice to recommending them simply because they can help you avoid the problems and expenses you might have doing things my way.

Phil

So why did my camera shut off if I am not using the hardwire kit???

Are you using the stock/official firmware?

yes, firmwareV1.5 bulid 20181115

When you say stopped recording, do you mean it turns off, goes to 60fps or does nothing?

Back