viofo 129 duo wiring problem

yaesujohn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi iv got a peugeot 3008 hybrid and had my 129 wired in at the Peugeot when I had my car serviced , They put the red to a 12v live feed and yellow to ignition and black to earth but my 129 will not turn of its stays on all the time im not sure if its suppose todo that or go into sleep mode or something . iv spoke to viofo thru facebook and told me the wiring is wrong and yellow goes to live and red to ignition .. at the min its like that red to ignition and yellow to live as they say now my 129 goes of with ignition but I cant get the park mode or motion detector to work any help please Thanks

If your using the Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit, then red wire should go to constant live fuse and yellow wire should go to fuse that is only powered when car is on or key is in accessory position. Make sure you are running firmware V1.5 and are pluggin the power into the camera, not the mount.

I’ve just said the same thing to the OP via messenger, I completely forgot to check that the power was going to the cam and not the GPS when we were troubleshooting, I advised him to join here because it’s a great forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

right I have just wired up as in the book red to permanent live black to earth and yellow to ignition both cables now goto camera rear/ usb iv switched my ignition off and my camera is still live will it switch of as people will see it working Thanks switched ignition off 5 minutes ago Thanks

If it took 5 minutes to enter parking mode, then it is not seeing the accessory power wire. Sounds like it is acting like a 2-wire hardwire kit connected to an always live fuse.

no the screen was still on after 5 minutes after switching the ignition of

right with help from jonro2009 I think weve sorted it .but I cant understand the screen staying on all the time done a video let me know if this is parking mode .iv set the screen saver to 30 seconds so people cant see it working

The screensaver was not set, it’s now set to 30s and goes off correctly. The icon changes from the car to a small camera (in the rear view image) so it is now entering and exiting parking mode correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back