Viofo A 129 Duo -->Power connection USB vs. Power connection Hardwirekit 3

Gallier

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo A 128 Duo
Hi folks, I am since yesterday owner of an A129 Duo and have so far grown the cameras and wired.

Today comes the ordered Hardwirekit with the said 3 connection cables ...

Now I read that the USB cable of Hardwirekits is connected to the right side of the front camera because sinst parking monitoring does not work ...

If I connect the USB cable from the Hardwirekit on the side of the Cam - then the GPS has no power and does not work or?

Does that mean that every time I drive the USB plug must be connected to the GPS and park surveillance on the side of the cam must?

If you connect the power cable directly to the camera, the GPS receives power through the mount
If you connect the power cable directly to the GPS, the camera receives power through the mount

The original GPS mount did not transmit the ACC signal from the hardwire kit to the camera, so you needed to connect the HW kit directly to the camera to switch between normal and parking modes
The new GPS mount does transmit the ACC signal to the camera, so you should be able to connect your HW kit directly to the GPS mount and have parking more work

Thank you first! The hardwirekit has arrived and I will join it in the afternoon.
I will certainly ask to have the dashcam and will report back.

And sorry for my english, I am from Germany and use the Google translator!

So, the Hardwirekit is installed, the cam with the firmware 1.9 updated. Now wait for the CPL filter that arrives tonight and then the test drives and setting trips can begin ...

Back