Viofo A118C Clock Battery Replacement Help

Jakk89

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to fix the constant resetting of the date stamp on my A118C. I've posted under DIY, but I thought I'd post here too. Please take a look. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

this older tread could be of some help to you.

Thanks, EGS. I'm not sure how to take the PCB out to see the other side, as that is connected to the display? I don't understand why it's this hard to replace the timekeeping battery--is it so you have to buy a new dashcam every so often?

Is there a solution to this? Would buying a GPS mount keep its time stamps accurate?

Thanks, EGS. I'm not sure how to take the PCB out to see the other side, as that is connected to the display? I don't understand why it's this hard to replace the timekeeping battery--is it so you have to buy a new dashcam every so often?

Is there a solution to this? Would buying a GPS mount keep its time stamps accurate?
the RTC batteries normally last 4 to 5 years, GPS won't help you as you'll still lose files that don't have updated timestamps

thanh you for the thread. my cam was running this issue too. I have an B40D bought from gearbest similiar to B40 but with a rearcam tguess it is a replika or sth. I have changed its RTC battery with MS621 battery, it is 3V 5.5 mAh instead ML621 has 3V 11 mAh , I guess it does not make any problem later on we will see if there will be a problem.

Back