VIOFO A118C Firmware

Hi Viofo, would it be possible to change the behavior of the camera so that if no choice is made between "Mass storage" and "PC camera" for 10 seconds, then the camera simply records as if it was plugged in on a power supply ?

You could also make a choice "Normal operation" but it needs to timeout to this choice

The reason is that I power my camera using a USB port outlet from my radio, but it cannot work because the camera won't simply work in this. If you do what I said above, it will start working after 10 seconds which is fine.

This modification could also be done on A119 and A119S and will improve the cameras

Thanks !
Put this @ in front of viofo's name and he will see it

Hey @viofo are you planning any more updates for the A118C Firmware? What is the current latest?

Added the version number, latest one is 20160727.

@viofo thanks for updating that, is this version (20160727) still considered beta or did it make it to a final version?

So, I purchased a "Topguard FHD 1080p capacitor" (A118C) from Amazon (now discontinued) and it never worked properly. The camera would loose date/time and require a manual input every time the vehicle was driven. If the information was not input the camera would not record. I took the camera out and put my old B40 (battery) back in and forgot it.
I just upgraded the B40 to an A129 Duo and am quite pleased. Based on what I learned about the A129 I decided to try and "fix" the A118C (clone?). I downloaded and installed the latest A118C firmware from Viofo to see if it worked.
So far so good.
If it works, It may be an option for the Van, with the B40 running rearward.
The original Firmware was B40.20160311.001

Back