VIOFO A118C Firmware

If it is not compatible, do you know where I can check for the newest B40 firmware version then? My dash cam arrived in a cardboard box which fails to mention the name of the manufacturer...

Viofo supply some others but I don't believe they supply anything with no name box like that so more likely it's the copy version, there probably is no update for it

@viofo,
Installed your firmware on CiBest-US A118C. I'll check if it records on my way home today

the non Viofo version can have some stability issues as the hardware component spec is lower and some of the added functions are beyond what the hardware can reliably handle in the copy version, you can always go back to your old version though I guess

Hi I bought my 118c recently from foxoffer1 on ebay. Description states its a Viofo brand

There is no Viofo branding anywhere on the camera unit or the box
branding. firmware it came with was A118C.20160316. With this firmware, on power up I get a welcome greeting
in Black with white background.
I updated the firmware to this beta version and all works fine. Now on power up I get a VIOFO (in capitals) logo in red with black
background. I've tested it with an 32g class 10 integral MicroSD card.

The firmware does not work with a 32g San-disk ultra uh 1 standard card. The record light flashes but nothing is actually written
onto the card.

It would be good to find out if I have a real McCoy.

the non Viofo version can have some stability issues as the hardware component spec is lower and some of the added functions are beyond what the hardware can reliably handle in the copy version, you can always go back to your old version though I guess

I did a test drive and i am impressed with the daytime recording of the unit but night time is ok-ish.

VIOFO beta version is working great with no errors. so far so good

Released beta firmware:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/A118C/VIOFO_A118C_FW_0727_Beta.zip

Change log:
1. Added: Motion detection sensitivity
2. Added: Turkey Language
3. Added: Loop Recording Icon on screen
4. Added: Time-lapse option
5. Improved: Show "MASS Storage" directly while connected with computer
6. Improved: Press once SOS button to lock the file while in screen save mode
7. Improved: Format warning while the card is not FAT32 format
8. Improved: GPS data not accurate issue while the GPS signal is not good
9. Improved: Support 11 digits Car license number
10. Improved: Delete firmware after Upgrade
11. Changed: Change "CARDV" directory name to "DCIM"

Look forward to see the comments and advice.

Please note there is different A118C produced by other manufactures. We suggest you only use this firmware for VIOFO version.

I tried to use this firmware but it seems that the auto-restart is not working. Please fix this problem. Thank you.

Can you describe how you set it, which option you set and what you are doing exactly?

For example, if we set the auto-restart for a minute and we forgot to turn the record on again, the dashcam will reboot itself and continue to record again. But in my case, the dashcam only shutdown when I use this settings.

Attachments

• P_20160903_230534.jpg
    P_20160903_230534.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 44
  • P_20160903_230516.jpg
    P_20160903_230516.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 43
if the camera is in standby mode (not recording) it will automatically restart if set to one of the timed values and resume recording

@jokiin,

I found your previous message for auto-restart setting. Do you mean it is only a menu error? By the way thanks for the information.

Also, may I know which is the best setting for +EV for night recording? Is it posible to separate the +EV for day and night recording in new firmware?

someone asked what auto restart does, which is what I answered

you'll notice from the change log auto restart is not mentioned as a feature, it is in the menu list but that would be a mistake, most of the changes added are copied from our firmware and they seem to have copied this without noticing that the function is different, it should just read Auto Off, I'm sure that will get addressed in a later firmware, it is after all a beta version

someone asked what auto restart does, which is what I answered

you'll notice from the change log auto restart is not mentioned as a feature, it is in the menu list but that would be a mistake, most of the changes added are copied from our firmware and they seem to have copied this without noticing that the function is different, it should just read Auto Off, I'm sure that will get addressed in a later firmware, it is after all a beta version

Thank you for your quick response... I will wait for latest official firmware release...

Hello, DCT, first time posting here. Found this thread and hopefully it's OK to tack on a related question:

Does anyone have a link to Viofo's latest A118C firmware? I saw the link to 20160727 Beta in the original post, but I'm wondering if there is a pointer to the latest official release (non-beta). I searched viofo.com, but they only seem to publish firmware updates for the A119.

The reason I'm asking is, I had one of my A118C's fail. The failed unit came with 20160316, but the replacement unit came with an older version from 2015. Seems like I should have the latest officially released version...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you for the reply. The version is currently set to A118C.20150403.

Back