Viofo A118C Restart Problem

DarkredBlue61

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hi friends.

I have an a118C. If the device is used with a 5 meter cable, the Display fluctuates and turns off and on.
I provided a capacitor replacement, but the problem was not solved. One thing I noticed is that the device works stably with a 15-20 centimeter cable. do you think the problem is caused by the power integration?

Hi friends.

I have an a118C. If the device is used with a 5 meter cable, the Display fluctuates and turns off and on.
I provided a capacitor replacement, but the problem was not solved. One thing I noticed is that the device works stably with a 15-20 centimeter cable. do you think the problem is caused by the power integration?
think the problem is caused by your power supply/cable, long cables drop voltage and cause unreliable behavior

Yes a long power cable, not least USB can be a problem, if you use a non standard power cable and or power supply you risk power problems.
In my car i put a 3 channel 12 V cigarette lighter adapter in the back of my car, so i could use the original power Supply and cables when i tested cameras back there.

A too long and not least too cheap USB cable meant that in my car when i got rear ended the camera in the back was not recording, that day i learned to not use long cheap USB cables from the front to the back of my car, even if my car is so small it is almost in the micro category of cars.

Yes a long power cable, not least USB can be a problem, if you use a non standard power cable and or power supply you risk power problems.
In my car i put a 3 channel 12 V cigarette lighter adapter in the back of my car, so i could use the original power Supply and cables when i tested cameras back there.

A too long and not least too cheap USB cable meant that in my car when i got rear ended the camera in the back was not recording, that day i learned to not use long cheap USB cables from the front to the back of my car, even if my car is so small it is almost in the micro category of cars.
think the problem is caused by your power supply/cable, long cables drop voltage and cause unreliable behavior
I am using the original cable of A118c. Old A118c Restarts. I Bought New A118C, No Problem With It

Some PS's degrade over time, as will CCA type cables. Take the cam into the house and see how it functions powering it with a phone charger. If it works correctly there, then it's a powering issue in the car.

Phil

Some PS's degrade over time, as will CCA type cables. Take the cam into the house and see how it functions powering it with a phone charger. If it works correctly there, then it's a powering issue in the car.

Phil
what power supply with that cable?
352 / 5000

the same camera works fine at home, but I tried different 118c with the same cable, it works fine. So I am having a problem with the long distance cable in the broken a118c I use. I have 2 a118c available, 1 of them is defective and 1 of them is working. The supply cable is the original viofo cable and the charger. I tried it with a different charger, the result is unfortunately the same.

Back