VIOFO A118C2

A 118c2 = Wow !

Reactions: Mtz
Yeah, nice name! ;)
LCD screen is pretty good.
Not many people knows that LCD screens are quality or not (the quality ones cost more), not all dashcam manufacturers are using quality LCD because is not requested. Most of buyers are interested about image quality starting to think about chipset, bitrate, but not thinking to the lens which is very important regarding image quality.
Some companies prefer to use quality LCD even it is not an wanted feature.

From Viofo I know they are trying to use quality lens, not sure about quality LCD, maybe @viofo will tell us how can be better their LCD compared to other.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yeah, nice name! ;)

Not many people knows that LCD screens are quality or not (the quality ones cost more), not all dashcam manufacturers are using quality LCD because is not requested. Most of buyers are interested about image quality starting to think about chipset, bitrate, but not thinking to the lens which is very important regarding image quality.
Some companies prefer to use quality LCD even it is not an wanted feature.

From Viofo I know they are trying to use quality lens, not sure about quality LCD, maybe @viofo will tell us how can be better their LCD compared to other.

enjoy,
Mtz
Regarding the lens, normally the expensive one is better. :).
We have tested about new 4 lens for A118C V2, finally choose this F2.0 130° FOV version, then check the price, found it is most expensive one between those lens.
car camera testing.jpg

About the LCD, I agreed with @Sunny, depends on the angle of your view. My conclusion is from what I saw inside the car, check the attachment for details.
For A119 LCD, there is another cost down version , but finally we choose the better one.

Hey folks

Anyone able to confirm when and where I can buy this new version? Was about to order the A118C but would make sense to wait I guess.

Is the lens polarised?

Lens is not polarised, should be available next month
Quick question, where is the best place to order from to get Viofo version of the dash cam?

Best website?

Viofo, Foxoffer, there other sellers also, best thing if you find somewhere you want to buy from post back with the link if you're not sure which version you're getting

I got mine from gearbest within ten days but would recommend one to preferably look for a local retailer, if available.

Thanks harsh, and thanks jokiin - it's nice having a manufacturer representative available to ask questions!

You guys in UK, Europe, Canada and the US are lucky to have so many options from local retailers/e-tailers. The only dashcams available with local warranty and support in India are the Transcend models and one Blaupunkt model.

There's one distributor/retailer for Lukas and Blackvue but most items are always out of stock and the pricing is laughable.

Interesting, do you own this one? What sets it apart?

I think I probably saw the 1 star rating on amazon and skipped past it!
I don't own it, though it would be on my shortlist if I were choosing a sub-£100 dashcam today.

A118 & A119 both made by Viofo. A119 has higher-spec chipset & improved video quality, particularly at night. Review ...

I don't own it, though it would be on my shortlist if I were choosing a sub-£100 dashcam today.

A118 & A119 both made by Viofo. A119 has higher-spec chipset & improved video quality, particularly at night. Review ...

Looks great!

However, does anyone know if you are stuck having the speed overlaid on the video if using GPS? The video implies there is no option to turn it off.

Looks great!

However, does anyone know if you are stuck having the speed overlaid on the video if using GPS? The video implies there is no option to turn it off.
Sorry just noticed there is a separate A119 sub forum so I'll check in there. Many thanks

Looks great!

Yes.
A119 stamps GPS even with GPS off in the settings.
On/off only changes display of speed on the LCD screen.

Back