VIOFO A118C2

WOw !
Actually looks like the C2 zooms a little more ... And is it ever so slightly sharper , or is it the zoom ?

A118C V2's night video does appear clearer and sharper than V1. While the brightness is only slightly brighter in V2 it is still noticeable.
Now we need comparison video between A118C V2, A119 and Street Guardian SG9665GC V2 ;)

The earlier the Google bots see it the better! Listings not done yet though, just wanted to get something up there.
Good stuff mate cos i found it pretty much straight away on the first page :)

The GPS module is same as A118C.

The GPS module is same as A118C.
I've ordered A118C2 from Estore009, thanks Viofo...I'll get the Viofo GPS module from Foxoffer...

The GPS module on Foxoffer is a little cheaper than on estore009 and have that GPS print over the case. But I expect both yo work with A118, maybe @viofo can confirm.

enjoy,
Mtz

The GPS module on Foxoffer is a little cheaper than on estore009 and have that GPS print over the case. But I expect both yo work with A118, maybe @viofo can confirm.

enjoy,
Mtz
We test my gps module with A118C2 this afternoon,it works!

What does better shielding on the PCB and charger do for users? If I remember correctly charger shield can prevent interference with the radio and GPS.

Last edited:
What does better shielding on the PCB and charger do for users? If I remember correctly charger shield can prevent interference with the radio and GPS.
Yes, that's for better avoid interference.

If you wanted to see what the different lenses looked like. No analysis, just photos. Sorry about the dust. Left to Right: A118C, A118CV2, Street Guardian SG9665GCV2.

A118_A118V2_SG9965GC_Lenses_Comparison.jpg

Last edited:
There's a lot of retailers on eBay selling the A118CV2. @viofo @VIOFO USA Can I be confident in saying there are no counterfeit units on the market with cheap electronics? That Viofo has reasonably secured the supply chain so there aren't any cheap units going out the back door.

My understanding is Nobody else has accesss to the new CPL Enabled lens housing and generics wouldn't brand their product box incorrectly. Should be safe if looking at photos of the lens housing and product box. People can always confirm new sellers here as well to triple confirm. It's always better to buy local than import from over seas anyway for better support.

Back