VIOFO A118C2

viofo

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
A129 Pro / A129 Duo / A119 V3 / A119S / G1W-S / WR1/
As there is still demand for A118C camera, we are going to upgrade, planned to release new A118C V2 version next week.

IMG_0393.jpg IMG_0399.jpg

Compared to A118C, below is the improvement for new A118C2.
Lens/FOV: F2.0 130° FOV + 2 IR
PCB: Better shielded
CPL: Optional
Car Charger: Better shielded

Last edited:
A118c firmware with new lens VS Rexing V1.
A118C-V2-1.jpg
renexing-1.jpg
a118c-v2-2.jpg
RENEXING-2.jpg

Last edited:
Good news because there are still people which want a cheaper camera than Viofo A119.
I remember one issue reported by some users are the reflections on the lens.

enjoy,
Mtz

Good news because there are still people which want a cheaper camera than Viofo A119.

enjoy,
Mtz

lens will be improved and there will be a CPL option

Reactions: Mtz
can i buy just the lens and put it on my existing a118's? i think it would benefit from that narrower FOV, and apparently more light coming in at night.

lens will be improved and there will be a CPL option

They'll need to make a drastic improvement as the current version of the A118C with a CPL meant for the Mini series is useless at night.

@viofo Can we please have some pics or videos from the old and the new camera. (comparison)

The first of the two pics in both sets are the new A118. Date stamp is exactly the same as the old camera.

can i buy just the lens and put it on my existing a118's? i think it would benefit from that narrower FOV, and apparently more light coming in at night.

lens housing is different also so wouldn't look the best in the old housing, needs the updated housing for the CPL option also

lens housing is different also so wouldn't look the best in the old housing, needs the updated housing for the CPL option also

Metal holder also or just different housing?

Don't have plan to sell the lens separately, but offer one for testing is not a problem.
Not only the lens changed, will come with other improvement, will share more info and update the #1 and #2 post.

please describe which screenshot belongs to which dashcam ?
The stamp with "京AAAAAA" is REXING V1 version, bought it from Chinese local market, noticed this version is similar as TCL CDV300X, especially the LCD screen part, but seems the LCD screen is not good, it is hard to see anything from screen after mounted in the car.

Reactions: Mtz
lol.
when I am just about to pull the trigger I read this message from viofo.
@viofo.
Ok.
ur launching the A118c V2 ...

price diff right now online in Canada from A119 to a118c is as follows:
spytec A118c =99.95
A119 with GPS from Baiklov = 135.99

so ...... 36 bux Canadian ..... no tax through amazon

How do u plan to price the A118c then?
now I am totally lost....
cheers

P.S. my actual A118c is going to the rear of the vehicle

@Mtz. how much cheaper can it get then the A119 with GPS?
and that is in Canada where we have nothing compared to you in the U.S. ?

enjoy,
Mtz

lol.
when I am just about to pull the trigger I read this message from viofo.
@viofo.
Ok.
ur launching the A118c V2 ...

price diff right now online in Canada from A119 to a118c is as follows:
spytec A118c =99.95
A119 with GPS from Baiklov = 135.99

so ...... 36 bux Canadian ..... no tax through amazon

How do u plan to price the A118c then?
now I am totally lost....
cheers

P.S. my actual A118c is going to the rear of the vehicle
The retail price will be same or not much more than the old version.
I think SpyTec will list A119 on Amazon CA soon, don't know what price they will sell.

The stamp with "京AAAAAA" is REXING V1 version, bought it from Chinese local market, noticed this version is similar as TCL CDV300X, especially the LCD screen part, but seems the LCD screen is not good, it is hard to see anything from screen after mounted in the car.

Most readers don't know font and style of OSD vs brand / model, so it will be more reader-friendly if before each screenshot you mention which one belongs to which dashcam.

@niko , I was looking at pictures file names and in this way I found which screenshot is from A118C2. But first time I was thinking the best picture is from A118 because the comparison was uploaded by user viofo. ;) My guess was confirmed after I read the names of the pictures.

enjoy,
Mtz

@niko , I was looking at pictures file names and in this way I found which screenshot is from A118C2. But first time I was thinking the best picture is from A118 because the comparison was uploaded by user viofo. ;) My guess was confirmed after I read the names of the pictures.

enjoy,
Mtz
Yeah, thats why its good if each screenshot will have short description to avoid confusion.

Maybe rexing v1 I have is better version.
LCD screen is pretty good.
Of course from an angle from driver position, video on any wedge shaped screen is hard to see.
I have a119 mounted currently and I have to move my head close to see anything on the screen.
Or are you talking about the quality of LCD screen itself even up close?

Back