Viofo A119 AV Out cable

Mtz

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro TeleQuad
I see some people asking which type of cable is using the A119 for Audio Video out.

I can say it is using a standard 4 pins 3.5mm jack to RCA AV cable. The names can be different but you just need to know that pin 1 is the ground.

Viofo A119 AV Out cable.jpg goggle-pinout.jpg A119 AV Out cable.jpg 2x-3-5mm-audio-l-audio-r-video-jack-plug-convert-to-rca-audio-video-female.jpg

Just buy from a store where pinouts are described as ground for pin 1 and this is logical for me to have the pin 1 as ground.
You can post links from where you found the correct cable.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
For what purpose will you use an AV output on a dashcam, there is design to sit in a car? I'm not asking about an action cam on a RC model.

Examples:
- adjusting the CPL lens
- for playback on a TV. Maybe in some circumstances is not possible to play on a PC or smartphone. It is very easy to take out the A119 which is including the card.

Any camera must have AV Out or HDMI out even it is used by 0.0001% people.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks for the answer. I don't hope that I will be the 1 out of the million, that need any of your example.

Edit: I was not thinking on any specific brand dashcam, I just could not see any use of it.

Last edited:
For what purpose will you use an AV output on a dashcam, there is design to sit in a car? I'm not asking about an action cam on a RC model.

Without much trouble, I could output the video to the screen on my car's audio head unit. I don't intend to because, well, I just don't need to, but other people might well find that capability useful.

This camera has so many nice features. I'm happier with it all the time.

Is nice that idea but another cables maybe not sounds happy for the user.
The advantage of AV Out over HDMI can be a wireless transmission. Just imagine if you have the car parked right near house you can be happy to receive live image from camera:

And with some recorder from your home to have also a security camera on your car. The above video is with 5V TX (in the car) and 12V RX (in the house).

enjoy,
Mtz

Examples:
- adjusting the CPL lens
- for playback on a TV. Maybe in some circumstances is not possible to play on a PC or smartphone. It is very easy to take out the A119 which is including the card.

Any camera must have AV Out or HDMI out even it is used by 0.0001% people.

enjoy,
Mtz
Also potentially useful in a court room if it comes down to it. Also some folks have infotainment screens built in, and it's much easier to read the menus to configure the camera on those bigger screens than it is to look at the small screen on the camera. And maybe if you have it aimed a certain way in the back window of a hardback, it could even be used as a back up camera.

Yes, but for that situation is also needed a power pack to provide 5V.

enjoy,
Mtz

In any situation outside the car must 5V source

Just to confirm the viofo a119 uses a 4 pin 3.5mm jack . The one i got to work was a 90 degree 3.5mm to 3 rca. Be sure to check all 3 wire to see which will give video dont assume it's the yellow cable because mine work from the red. You can always cut off the other 2 wires to save space when wiring to car deck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200703-102932_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200703-102932_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20200703-102811_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200703-102811_Video Player.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20200703-103036_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200703-103036_Video Player.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 103
I seek to use a Viofo a129Plus Duo (release Nov2020) to real time display front camera image onto a Dasaita 10.2" Rotatable Android 9.0 (tablet) Head Unit.
I hope to improve forward vision while driving at night with the Super Night Vision and video correction software. Sometimes my eyes
are blinded by oncoming traffic such that I fear that I might miss things due to the glare.

Just to confirm the viofo a119 uses a 4 pin 3.5mm jack . The one i got to work was a 90 degree 3.5mm to 3 rca. Be sure to check all 3 wire to see which will give video dont assume it's the yellow cable because mine work from the red. You can always cut off the other 2 wires to save space when wiring to car deck.
Làm thế nào để tôi làm được như bạn với màn hình của suzuki xl7? Tôi không thấy cổng RCA, trong khi thiết bị thì báo có?

Attachments

• IMG_4855.jpeg
    IMG_4855.jpeg
    325.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4864.jpeg
    IMG_4864.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 6
The forum is in English.
All questions are in English only.
How can i do like you with suzuki xl7 monitor? I don't see the RCA port, while the device says yes?

Attachments

• IMG_4864.jpeg
    IMG_4864.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4855.jpeg
    IMG_4855.jpeg
    325.2 KB · Views: 6
How can i do like you with suzuki xl7 monitor? I don't see the RCA port, while the device says yes?
You need to find the pinout of the connectors on the back of your head unit.

The input connector will be of the type "tulip" RCA = CVBS = AV-in = AUX Video input.

For example, I give a pinout of the connectors of some head unit under the spoiler, you need to find a pinout of this kind for your head unit.
Pinout of the connectors on the back head unit.jpg

Which connection cable from Viofo to the Head Unit you will need, you can see here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a129-pro-av-out-to-android-head-unit.49009/post-594365

Last edited:

The input connector will be of the type "tulip" RCA = CVBS = AV-in = AUX Video input.

For example, I give a pinout of the connectors of some head unit under the spoiler, you need to find a pinout of this kind for your head unit.

Which connection cable from Viofo to the Head Unit you will need, you can see here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a129-pro-av-out-to-android-head-unit.49009/post-594365

thank you very much, but i'm still having trouble with suzuki xl7's screen because i still don't see any circular port

Attachments

• IMG_4864.jpeg
    IMG_4864.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 3
There will be no round connectors on the body of the head unit, you have such a version - with rectangular connectors.

You need sets of wires with rectangular connectors for connecting wires to the radio (on one side of the wire) and round and other connectors on the other side.
There is nothing more we can do to help.
Look for the wires that are designed for this radio, which were when buying
You need these sets of wires, this is included with the purchase. Ask your seller
распиновка 2DIN HU wires.jpg
Ask your dealer for sets of such wires, or search the head unit forums for pinouts of the connectors and buy such connectors separately.

What is the model of this radio? Or did you buy it on the black market?
For example this: https://aliexpress.ru/item/10050029....productlist.search_results.10.2bb24aa6z1hG0R

Last edited:
There will be no round connectors on the body of the head unit, you have such a version - with rectangular connectors.

You need sets of wires with rectangular connectors for connecting wires to the radio (on one side of the wire) and round and other connectors on the other side.
There is nothing more we can do to help.
Look for the wires that are designed for this radio, which were when buying
You need these sets of wires, this is included with the purchase. Ask your seller
View attachment 65804
Ask your dealer for sets of such wires, or search the head unit forums for pinouts of the connectors and buy such connectors separately.

What is the model of this radio? Or did you buy it on the black market?
For example this: https://aliexpress.ru/item/10050029....productlist.search_results.10.2bb24aa6z1hG0R
you are awesome, thanks for your answer

This looks like the original equipment entertainment system for the car. Best place to get a pin-out of those connectors would be in the cars service manuals.

Back