Viofo A119 buttons not responding

faolteam

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
hi folks having issue with my dash cam about 7 months old now buttons not responding tried reset menu button might come up for a minute then goes off camera recording

do i have to put in new firmware ? my firmware is A119_170522_V2.06 im not sure i can do this any help appreciated thanks

Last edited:
With camera off remove the memory card. Start up camera and enter menu. Go to default settings and default the camera and see if that helps. Might take a couple tries.

when the sd card goes back in and then when i press the other buttons it just beeps only buttons do nothing mate

also in screen just over date in screen there are at least 12 rectangle icons with x if that makes sense

when the sd card goes back in and then when i press the other buttons it just beeps only buttons do nothing mate

also in screen just over date in screen there are at least 12 rectangle icons with x if that makes sense
Sounds like your on a really old firmware version. The XXXXXX's in the lower left corner was a bug fixed awhile back. Update to the newest firmware and you should be fine.

could u help me update the firm ware im a complete novice please

download the firmware from Viofo's website, copy the bin file you download onto the empty memory card, start the camera with the card in and the camera will do the rest

do u have the link for the from the website plz im a viofo A119

thanks capture because there is nothing in my sd card its blank

it wont let me paste its not showing up

Last edited:
thanks capture because there is nothing in my sd card its blank

it wont let me paste its not showing up
So you downloaded the .bin file and it’s on your computer correct? You can’t simply copy the file, then paste it into the card?

im having issues with ash_lang2.dll not found

hi guys i thin i installed it seems to be recording the squares are gone but wheni press the menu button it keeps taking photos and no menu comes up ?

Back