Viofo A119 buttons not responding

hi guys i thin i installed it seems to be recording the squares are gone but wheni press the menu button it keeps taking photos and no menu comes up ?
You need to stop the recording before you can enter the menu.

Hi guys got it sorted many thanks just one last question I have the exact same front dash cam do I need to update that firmware as well it's working ok ?

Hi guys got it sorted many thanks just one last question I have the exact same front dash cam do I need to update that firmware as well it's working ok ?
If your running old firmware on that one too, then yes, I would.

when the sd card goes back in and then when i press the other buttons it just beeps only buttons do nothing mate

also in screen just over date in screen there are at least 12 rectangle icons with x if that makes sense

This was the exact problem I experienced with my Viofo. Pressing the buttons would do nothing (I would hear a beep, though). There were multiple rectangle icons with an "X" at the bottom of the screen.

Taking the card out allowed the buttons to work and I saw that I was on firmware V1.7.

I upgraded the firmware and basically followed the instructions at https://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000019600-viofo-a119-car-dash-camera-firmware.

1. reformatted my memory card.
2. downloaded the "LDBA119.bin" file to my computer.
3. connected the Viofo to my computer via USB cable.
4. copied the LDBA119.bin file from my computer to the Viofo (it was labeled "VOLUME1" because I'm using a Mac/Macbook Pro).
5. disconnected the Viofo from my computer.
6. reconnected the Viofo to my computer.
7. allowed the firmware to update (the "REC" light would flash quickly in a couple of different occasions.
8. disconnected the Viofo from the computer and checked that the firmware is now 4.0

Buttons (and recordings) now work!

Lesson learnt.
Always try to keep your firmware current on any device.
It is why the manufacturers release new firmware because they are aware of problems like those above and it is repairing the device before a problem results.

..... or keep older firmware 'in stock' for rollback :)

If it breaks and you have not keep up to date. Who is to blame?
If it's not broke why fix it? Because you will miss out on advancement of technology. It's different in todays electronic world with most devices being software/firmware controlled. Unlike the days of valves and tubes you are not fiddling with the components of the hardware and is usually a relatively simple process.
Even TVs and PCs these days can upgrade themselves via the internet. Many device are not at their best with the firmware they are delivered with. Sometimes they contain bugs and design faults which were not apparent at time of release which can be resolved by a firmware update or you have live and work around the problems. Not to mention additional new features.

Hello everybody,
I have a Viofo A119V2.
I was facing exactly the same issue with the XXXXXX and the menu button not operating (with and without the microsd card).
Updating the firmware fixed it. Thanks. My firmware is now : A119_180913_V4.01
BUT : the recorded files only last from 30sec to 3min (randomly) while I selected 10min for loop recording.
I have already tried changing the microsdcard and i does not change the issue.
Anyone has a clue?
Thank you for your help.

I had done the reset before the firmware upgrade without success but not after the upgrade. And you know what ? this time it fixed my issue.
Thank you so much, you saved me 60€ from buying a new dashcam.

Back