VIOFO A119....keeps switching off...

mick.no.comma.mick

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a VIOFO in my front windscreen, but the thing keeps switching off,....this morning I went out "to the Gym" for 90 minutes,....when I got back I played the footage back through my laptop,....it recorded for possibly twenty five minutes...and then started to switch off and on..as I was parked up in the Gym car park it couldn't have been bad connections through vibrations as the car was stationary...

For the last five minutes of my journey it didn't record anything at all..

When I took the VIOFO out of the car it was roasting hot....it is in my windscreen in full sun, but I would have thought it should be able to cope with that......

mick....

Is this a V1 or V2 model? Are you using and powering the camera through a GPS mount?

How are you powering the camera? Using the supplied car charger and USB cable?

What memory card are you using?

Is this a V1 or V2 model? Are you using and powering the camera through a GPS mount?

How are you powering the camera? Using the supplied car charger and USB cable?

What memory card are you using?

V2..

I'm not using the GPS, I found the images were terrible, and I know where I am and what speed I'm doing...

I'm using my own USB cable, the one supplied wasn't long enough to go from the cigarette lighter to the top of the windscreen via the rubber door seals...

The memory card is a Samsung 32...

mick

Try using the Viofo USB cable and see if the issue goes away. Aftermarket USB cables are known to have too much of a voltage drop, causing screen flicker and camera restarts. A lot of aftermarket USB cables are 26 gauge or thinner, while the Viofo cable is 22 gauge. This is probably your issue.

Your own USB cable could possibly be the issue. Lot of variables here. Type of cable and length of cable. Even a very short USB cable, if the wrong type, may not deliver enough voltage to continually power your cam.

A longer cable will lose impedance, depending on the length and type of cable as well. Could well be your cam is not getting consistent enough power supply to keep it running.

To test the theory try running your cam on the original power cable supplied. If it is fine then you know for sure your alternative power cable is the issue and if not then you will know that the camera may well be the issue.

Back