Viofo A119 Mini all parking files locked

mariomart

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 Mini, Viofo A119 V3, Viofo A119S V2
Installed my Mini Yesterday and got around to checking out the Viofo App.

I noticed that all my parking files are listed in both the "Locked" folder and the "Parking" folder, which I thought is odd.

I couldn't find any firmware or app settings that give you any options to change this.

Does this mean that as my card fills up with parking files they won't be overwritten when my driving files run out of room?

Screenshot_20220622-163614_VIOFO.jpg

Can you try lowering down the g-sensor sensitivity, If the sensitivity is high, the lock process might be triggered by mistake.

Can you try lowering down the g-sensor sensitivity, If the sensitivity is high, the lock process might be triggered by mistake.
I don't see how the G sensor can be triggered when parked on a hard surface without any wind and nothing touching the car.

I did test the G sensor when parked by slamming my door closed and it did go off as it should.

So, I just did a full factory default/reset. Did a full format on the camera. Set the G sensor to middle sensitivity.

I retested in my garage, by just waving my hand in front of the camera (did not touch anything and did not move the car.)

It's still locking all the parking files.

It must be a bug.

I am using a Samsung Endurance Pro 128gb card which I have been using in my A119 V3 for the last year without issue.

@viofo @VIOFO-Support for your interest.

Maybe because of this the files are blocked ...
I have "recording with low bitrate" installed and there are no such problems.
I've been using Auto Event detection for many years on the A119 V3 and it has NEVER locked a parking file for no reason, I still think it's a bug.

I've been using Auto Event detection for many years on the A119 V3 and it has NEVER locked a parking file for no reason, I still think it's a bug.
Have you tried looking into the properties of the parking file from A119 V3?
25800709.jpg
File provided by ds2010.

Last edited:
Have you tried looking into the properties of the parking file from A119 V3?
I don't see the relevance. I don't see how applying a "read only" flag to every parking file on the A119 Mini is anything other than a bug, when there has been no trigger to force protecting the file.

I don't see the relevance. I don't see how applying a "read only" flag to every parking file on the A119 Mini is anything other than a bug, when there has been no trigger to force protecting the file.
Look under the spoiler in the previous post. These are the properties of the parking file from A119 V3, recorded in the mode: "Event detection".

Look under the spoiler in the previous post. These are the properties of the parking file from A119 V3, recorded in the mode: "Event detection".
Thanks, but why are they all in a "Locked" folder. The whole idea of a read only file attribute is that it cannot be readily deleted without changing the property of the file, thus protecting it from deletion. By having all the parking files tagged as read only they are just going to accumulate and not allow loop recording to overwrite them, eventually leaving less and less space available for driving recording, which is not read only.

Event Detection Mode is supposed to only record on motion or g-sensor. If it's recording, then it's seeing motion and locking it assuming it's an important file. Have you tried to adjusted the sensitivity of the parking mode motion detection?

Event Detection Mode is supposed to only record on motion or g-sensor. If it's recording, then it's seeing motion and locking it assuming it's an important file. Have you tried to adjusted the sensitivity of the parking mode motion detection?
The only time it should lock a file is either when you press the "Event" button on the unit, or press the button on the bluetooth remote, or when it detects a G shock event, in which case it throws up a graphic on the screen and a few beeps to let you know the file has been locked. I own 4 other A119 V3's and never has it done anything other than what it should. This A119 Mini is locking EVERY parking file, I have looked at the G sensor data and there have been NO trigger events whatsoever. Locking a file just because there was movement is a pretty useless feature if that's what they intend to do.

The only time it should lock a file is either when you press the "Event" button on the unit, or press the button on the bluetooth remote, or when it detects a G shock event, in which case it throws up a graphic on the screen and a few beeps to let you know the file has been locked. I own 4 other A119 V3's and never has it done anything other than what it should. This A119 Mini is locking EVERY parking file, I have looked at the G sensor data and there have been NO trigger events whatsoever. Locking a file just because there was movement is a pretty useless feature if that's what they intend to do.
Not sure if this is how Viofo intended this or not. Parking Mode files should have their own looping, so the oldest should eventually be deleted making way for new files. If you look on the card itself, is there a locked folder and a parking mode folder? Or is there just an RO folder and they are all in there?

Not sure if this is how Viofo intended this or not. Parking Mode files should have their own looping, so the oldest should eventually be deleted making way for new files. If you look on the card itself, is there a locked folder and a parking mode folder? Or is there just an RO folder and they are all in there?
There is a Parking Folder which also contains an RO folder (as per the picture below). The parking files with movement are in the RO folder and have read only attributes. The driving files are in the Movie folder and do not have read only applied.

Screenshot 2022-06-22 222914.jpg

There is a Parking Folder which also contains an RO folder (as per the picture below). The parking files with movement are in the RO folder and have read only attributes. The driving files are in the Movie folder and do not have read only applied.

View attachment 60851
Can you take a picture of the screen at the time of recording and share it?

I think the same situation (automatic parking record locking) applies to the a129 pro.

Last edited:
Back