Viofo A119 Mini all parking files locked

I know, but that's a very poor implementation of parking mode. I should have the ability to loop record high-bitrate motion detection videos.

IMO it's not great if people complain and other manufacturers don't do the same. Anyways, I respect your opinion.

I always thought that a small card segment was reserved for locked files so most of the card can still be used for normal driving mode with both areas working FIFO ?

Maybe I read it against another manufacturer.

The card will be filled unless you manually delete the files.

Unfortunately Viofo is too busy working on new units instead of fixing and improving existing ones.

I'm happy to report that Viofo got back to me via email and shared a firmware for the A229 that doesn't lock the parking videos. I have flashed the issued firmware over the latest one I had installed and sure enough locking of parking videos is gone!! so happy!:giggle: Not sure if I am supposed to post links here but if there's an A229 owner out there seeking to disable the locking of parking videos here are the links to the same file. Of course, flashing is always at your own risk!!!!

Viofo are certainly up there with the responsive manufacturers :D

I'm happy to report that Viofo got back to me via email and shared a firmware for the A229 that doesn't lock the parking videos. I have flashed the issued firmware over the latest one I had installed and sure enough locking of parking videos is gone!! so happy!:giggle: Not sure if I am supposed to post links here but if there's an A229 owner out there seeking to disable the locking of parking videos here are the links to the same file. Of course, flashing is always at your own risk!!!!
We are in the A119 Mini topic. Yesterday we were talking about the A119 Mini.
Why were you given a firmware that you are very happy with for the A229? :unsure:

Perfect, I needed this to be fixed for my A229, thanks. Good to see they are willing to do this. Still don't see why it's not the default, or at least changeable in settings.

Since the A229 has gotten this update, is it fair to assume the update will be coming soon for the Mini?

Since the A229 has gotten this update, is it fair to assume the update will be coming soon for the Mini?
I believe they already have a beta for the Mini, you just need to ask them for it.

Contacted them on Sunday and got the update on Monday.
Seems like a strange way to go about it but it's nice to know they're so responsive.
Build 1026.

Found this thread searching for a solution to the "all parking files are locked" problem.

My experience was the same as those above. Opened up a ticket at 9:30pm central time via the VIOFO support website, and had a response with a link to the firmware about 5 hours later.

Just connected to the camera, and the problem is indeed solved.

Back