VIOFO A119 MINI Crash and WiFi keeps switching off

Shock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Bought a A119 mini as used to have an old 119 mini long ago. Only bought this in Dec 2022.

Seem to have run in to WiFi issues already and finding it really hard to download clips without the camera or the WiFi crashing.

Had a near-miss the other day and tried to download the clip, that is when I realised how unreliable it is. It will either connect and disconnect half way in to down loading or after disconnecting, the Viofo wifi refuses to turn on and can't find the SSID on the phone any more.

Occasionally it will display the following error on the screen.

PXL_20230107_203655977.jpg

A119 on V1.1 1017 firmware
Hardwired to car
128GB Sandisc high endurance

has anyone else had any such issues?

Hi all,

Bought a A119 mini as used to have an old 119 mini long ago. Only bought this in Dec 2022.

Seem to have run in to WiFi issues already and finding it really hard to download clips without the camera or the WiFi crashing.

Had a near-miss the other day and tried to download the clip, that is when I realised how unreliable it is. It will either connect and disconnect half way in to down loading or after disconnecting, the Viofo wifi refuses to turn on and can't find the SSID on the phone any more.

Occasionally it will display the following error on the screen.

View attachment 63605
There may be problems in the smartphone ...
What version of the app do you have installed?
If data transfer is enabled on your smartphone, try turning it off.

SanDisk High Endurance do not work well with newest models of Viofo. A lot of people had problems with this card.
May try another card and see if the problem persists.

The 119M often crashes and restarts when this happens which makes me think its not the app. But after the restart, the wifi disappears..

Phone Pixel 6
app 3.2.8

The 119M often crashes and restarts when this happens which makes me think its not the app. But after the restart, the wifi disappears..
If the Mini reboots, then there are reasons for this.
For example: Lack of voltage or bad memory card.

It only seems to reboot when I'm accessing files through the Wifi, no restarts otherwise.

Hard-wired power, using ANKER Cigarette lighter to change voltage to 5V.
Card: SanDisk 128GB High Endurance microSDXC bought from Amazon direct.

SanDisk High Endurance do not work well with newest models of Viofo. A lot of people had problems with this card.
May try another card and see if the problem persists.

OK suppose I could try another card, but would the card get the wifi to switch off?

Hard-wired power, using ANKER Cigarette lighter to change voltage to 5V.
I do not know what characteristics your "ANKER" has, the original converter from Viofo 5V 3.1A.

Will try another card.

The Car charger is 5V 2.4Amps

So you are only supplying about 77% of the OEM power socket.

So you are only supplying about 77% of the OEM power socket.
The hardware kit only supplies 5V 2A.

But true, I could try using the supplied car adaptor. It looked so cheap hence used another brand.

and the A119 mini only supposedly draws around 1amp max

The 3.1A was what got my attention. Not seen one rated that high so assumed it was for a reason.

Regarding SanDisk, a few manufacturers have posted about incompatibilities, not just the endurance cards but the range. From what I remember SanDisk use a controller method that dash cams don't like. The other thing with endurance cards is that they can have lower write speeds that, again, dash cams don't like.

Just top update this thread.

As I had suspected it was a faulty A119 MINI, or at-least the WiFi module in it.

I wasted time changing to a 32GB normal Sandisk card I had and when I tried accessing the WiFi, again had the same problem with WIFI access point disappearing after few seconds.

So ordered a new A119 Mini and vola, the new one is working fine. For now!
The last one lasted under a month, lets see how long this lasts.

Sandisk 256 gb max endurance
A119mini hdr timer is failed after the set time it kept 30fps forever instead of turning back 60 fps( I have tried 10 times set 1440p 60fps before set hdr timer on)
Now facing the wifi problem.
Just saying for a 3-day-reliable dashcam!

Attachments

• 1EBE7D8D-414F-4F1B-AA02-80DEF1A73667.jpeg
    1EBE7D8D-414F-4F1B-AA02-80DEF1A73667.jpeg
    324.7 KB · Views: 10
Back