Viofo A119 mini - disable screen only in parking mode - suggestion

jeicam

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi,
I own a Viofo A119mini video recorder, which I am very happy with. However, there is a shortcoming that bothers me a lot. Namely, it's about the screen blanking setting - you can set it not to blank at all, but then in parking mode the screen is also constantly lit. Is there a chance to add the possibility of "screen on while driving, but off during parking mode"?

Unfortunately, an enabled screen in a parked car unnecessarily consumes more power than when disabled.

Greetings

Why do you want the screen on all the time while driving?

Why do you want the screen on all the time while driving?
Unfortunately, the LEDs are not very visible on a sunny day. Many times the camera on a hot day turns off without any information. I already have such a habit, every now and then I check if it's actually recording... it's easier for me to see the screen lit up than to stare at the LED under the screen for a few seconds :)

By the way, the camera probably has protection against overheating, which is why on a hot day it turns itself off, however, it would be useful to have at least some kind of sound - a beep, that it is turning off... :(

If you feel it heats up too much and shuts down due to reaching the thermal shutdown temp, then leaving the LCD screen on will only make that worse.

If you feel it heats up too much and shuts down due to reaching the thermal shutdown temp, then leaving the LCD screen on will only make that worse.
The thing is that the camera, after the car has been parked for several hours and warmed up, turns off by itself after a few minutes. I don't know when it will turn off. This is why I bought the camera, to be protected in case of emergencies. In this situation, unfortunately, I can't rely on the camera, because due to the temperature it shuts off by itself without any audible information.

I'm trying to solve this problem in some way, and I decided that a glance to see if the display is working would be a good solution for me (because I doubt there is any way to warn that the camera is about to turn off, and that would be ideal...).

The thing is that the camera, after the car has been parked for several hours and warmed up, turns off by itself after a few minutes. I don't know when it will turn off. This is why I bought the camera, to be protected in case of emergencies. In this situation, unfortunately, I can't rely on the camera, because due to the temperature it shuts off by itself without any audible information.

I'm trying to solve this problem in some way, and I decided that a glance to see if the display is working would be a good solution for me (because I doubt there is any way to warn that the camera is about to turn off, and that would be ideal...).
How hot is hot?
You location says Poland is that correct?
Doing a Google search on weather says it doesn't get hotter than 30c

If all of that is correct then I'm surprised it shuts down.
Having the screen on might be causing it to shut down.

On a A119 that I was having temperature problems with I drilled extra holes in the shell and that helped in my case.

I've never used the dash cam with the screen always on.

Can you advise what temperatures are reaching in your area.

Back