I think you'll find the values are pre adjusted, that's why there are so many different versions, if you check the release notes for each it will specify what the adjustments are for each version, install the version that matches what you want

A Samsung 64Gb EVO Plus. Quite new.

I think you'll find the values are pre adjusted, that's why there are so many different versions, if you check the release notes for each it will specify what the adjustments are for each version, install the version that matches what you want
I was under the impression that I could choose some settings.

The shut down noise is the camera indicating loss of power if you believe your power is OK then check the cables. Are the dashcam the same make and model. I have 2 A119 and they both start and stop at slightly differing times. It may be that a momentary loss of supply triggers one to switch off whilst the other may just stay on long enough to ride the loss of power. It all depends on the state of the capacitors.
I'm sorry, but you are not reading the entity of my message or have misunderstood my message. I was pointing out that when the camera is operating properly and looses power, it plays a shutdown sound effect. I was not getting this shutdown sound when it stopped recording. There was no loss of power.

I was under the impression that I could choose some settings.
To clarify the Menu options question
Only A119S has user Menu option to change Sharpness.
Only A129 has user Menu option to change Bitrate.
The A119 and Pro are far behind in official Firmware additions for some reason. I therefore have created separate MODs with different Bitrates and Sharpness for both Dashcam models.
I guarantee A119 will very soon have many more Image Control Menu options appear in official Firmware this year.

I am running "FWBA119_MOD-6Rk_v4.00+26Mbps+Enhanced+DCTeam.bin"
Twice yesterday the camera stopped recording The first after the sixth file was recorded in TS format, the second after two files were recorded. The first one stopped between files (all files were the same length) the second stopped in the middle of a file (while waiting at a stoplight). The camera did not resume recording until it was power cycled. The camera did not start beeping as it does when it has trouble with the memory card. I would call this a bug as it fails silently.
The first step of Troubleshooting is swap out as many accessories as possible to isolate cause.
1) switch memory card to 32 or 64GB card
2) connect power to side port not GPS
3) if issue remains disconnect all other devices sharing same power supply and run alone.
4) always RESET Default Settings after each update.
5) as a test switch to MP4 to see if issue continues.
6) format memory card inside Dashcam from Menu
those 6 items should point to issue.

Created new A119 - Beta Tint MOD version BTa , BTb
The BT series MODs are designed for Tinted windows boosting Color and Brightness to extreme levels for improved image quality. View the A119 Download page for details.
Brightness adjustments will incrementally increase (98% - 180%) for each MOD version to match common Tint density values. The A119 has a very unique and different Color , Saturation , Brightness settings making it a challenge to adjust since the tables are not balanced the same as A119 Pro, A119S or A129. This will require more Beer and testing than others.
Requesting drivers with A119 mounted on Tinted windows load these MODs and verify any image improvement under all lighting conditions day and night, while parked and driving. Goal is to determine the highest acceptable Brightness level before detail degrades.
MOD-BTa - boost Brightness 140 , boost Saturation 140, improving both tinted and non-tinted window installations with slightly brighter image. (updated version March23)
MOD-BTb - boost Brightness 150 , boost Saturation 150.
MOD-BTc

Beta Testing Setup: CPL On and Off , Exposure=0 , WDR=Off , Loop=1min
Share your observations, footage and screenshots.

A119 Modified Firmware: https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/p/download-a119-mod-file.html
MOD Install Guide: https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/

---
DCTeam - CEO/CEH/CDO/DRD/DSP/IQE/PDU/SFC/LLS
YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/BCHobbyist

Last edited:
To clarify the Menu options question
Only A119S has user Menu option to change Sharpness.
Only A129 has user Menu option to change Bitrate.
The A119 and Pro are far behind in official Firmware additions for some reason. I therefore have created separate MODs with different Bitrates and Sharpness for both Dashcam models.
I guarantee A119 will very soon have many more Image Control Menu options appear in official Firmware this year.

Ok, I understand, but most importantly, I made no mistakes and everything is working well. Thank you for the clarification!

Ok, I understand, but most importantly, I made no mistakes and everything is working well. Thank you for the clarification!
Welcome to the Forum and this MOD thread. With so many Menu settings it's very easy to over look something such as GPS, Parking or Time Zone, glad you scored 100%. There are always combinations and configurations to discover not to mention accessories and modifications. The ability to run these Dashcams from a 5 volt power bank is one of the reasons I purchased mine.
The A119 is the first and original Viofo Dash camera with many more Firmware versions than all the other models. New Menu additions usually arrived on A119 before others now its last to receive them, but good things come to Dashcams that wait.

Here is a prefectlty stable sample of MOD6Rk

The first step of Troubleshooting is swap out as many accessories as possible to isolate cause.
1) switch memory card to 32 or 64GB card
2) connect power to side port not GPS
3) if issue remains disconnect all other devices sharing same power supply and run alone.
4) always RESET Default Settings after each update.
5) as a test switch to MP4 to see if issue continues.
6) format memory card inside Dashcam from Menu
those 6 items should point to issue.
The firmware had been installed the day before.
I will not be able to run those tests as I had to sell my car on Friday (this is why I even looked at the recordings, I wanted to save the video from my last drive of that car.) The car swallowed its turbo, and a new engine would have cost more than the car was worth.
Along with the car, the power supply and the USB cables went with it (it was hard wired into the head liner). It will be a while before I have a new car and get the cameras installed in it.

Here is a sample of the best MOD yet 6Rm. Filmed on a cloudy overcast day.

can you add 6rm link.
A119 V2 MOD-6Rm is still being tweaked at the moment but will be posted within hours.
It is a real game changer for all A119 owners, this is by far the most effective modified firmware ever created for the A119.

Created new A119 - STABLE MOD versions 6Rm, 5Rm, 4Rm
DOWNLOAD >
https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/p/download-a119-mod-file.html

The Rm series MODs are designed to greatly enhance Color Saturation and increase Brightness, also adjusted Sharpness to an acceptable level. View the A119 ChangeLog page for full details.
This amazing A119 image quality improvement is long overdue, give this MOD a test drive, Brightness is high and can be adjusted by Lens angle or changed in future MODs.
Recommend 24 Mb/s for reduced file size or 26 Mb/s for improved image detail.
Higher Bitrate MODs improve image detail and increase MP4 video clip size.

MOD Install Guide: https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/
A119 Dash Cam Review: https://viofo-a119-dash-cam-review.blogspot.com

---
DCTeam - CEO/CEH/CDO/DRD/DSP/IQE/PDU/SFC/LLS
YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/BCHobbyist

Last edited:
Try to include a bit more video before the part of interest. Youtube starts the videos at very low resolution for several seconds before switching to high resolution. That video was blurry until the car had passed the bus.

Try to include a bit more video before the part of interest. Youtube starts the videos at very low resolution for several seconds before switching to high resolution. That video was blurry until the car had passed the bus.
Hate the way YouTube does that, even fast internet doesn't stop them doing it

Back