are you able to do anything with the sounds?
referring to the startup chime and annoying beeps? I've been keeping an eye out for that code area, not sure but it may be possible to add audio sound bytes in a similar way the Logo was changed. Someone else may have located that section but never reported it.

This is a good place to post all requests and ideas for A119 Firmware Modification and Enhancement.

are you able to do anything with the sounds?
Creating Custom MODs is becoming easier, pick your preferences, download it from my online Drive (link above). The DICE Logo was added to demonstrate images can be used, and separate MOD'ed from official.

Found Sound Recording quality control setting, MOD created for all VIOFO DVRs.
This minor modification to Sound recording quality reveals a tiny segment of whats inside a Firmware binary file using a HEX Editor.

Code:
AUDIO Data        Default         Modified
Format/Info       : AAC           : Advanced Audio Codec
Bit rate mode     : Variable      : Variable
Bit rate          : 96.0 kb/s     : 112 kb/s
Channel(s)        : 1 channel     : 1 channel
Channel positions : Front: C      : Front: C
Sampling rate     : 32.0 kHz      : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate        : 31.250 FPS    : 43.066 FPS

(the original SHARPNESS 20 is HEX value scale changed to 1-100 integer value to reduce confusion since lower than 20HEX becomes 1BHEX)
(default Sharpness = 64 >> MODs = 48 , 37 , 32=20HEX , 27 , 16 )

I'm working with @gse to verify our MODs are stable, but we don't own A119 or A119PRO so ask owners to report issues for correction. Our small group of MOD testers is growing, to cover all models, understanding the Flash Update and Recovery Procedure is required. Very soon more MODs will be available.

Last edited:
@viofo @BCHobbyist any chance in a near future to adjust a brightness?
can someone tell how much you should increase the brightness to compensate the darkness of the CPL filter? and if you have a CPL + factory tint? it's not that practical to have the CPL filter on or off all the time if the weather outside changes from sunny to cloudy / rainy / dark?

Last edited:
@BCHobbyist any chance in a near future to adjust a brightness?
can someone tell how much you should increase the brightness to compensate the darkness of the CPL filter? and if you have a CPL + factory tint? it's not that practical to have the CPL filter on or off all the time if the weather outside changes from sunny to cloudy / rainy / dark?
Please take this conversation ELSEWHERE.

@BCHobbyist - Make a new thread and link to it here. This entire conversation has nothing to do with this thread as it is for OFFICIAL VIOFO firmware.

@viofo @BCHobbyist any chance in a near future to adjust a brightness?
Answer: I'm still searching for Brightness image controls, VIOFO has locked them out of Menu. The only way we can adjust brightness is with EV - Exposure Value, increase it one notch brighter. It will slighting create more motion blurring because its increasing exposure time by letting more light gather. I don't touch it. For the brightest image remove CPL (cover dash with black fabric). I leave my CPL on 24/7 just to protect the lens/sensor from sun even if the image is dimmed slightly.

Last edited:
Just uploaded the Edge Detection MODs for A119.
Seeking owners to flash FWBA119_v3.91+EdgeDetect28=low+DICE.bin < then > FWBA119_v3.91+EdgeDetect228=max+DICE.bin (rename the MOD files).
Compare video clips for object outline definition, these extreme values should be very noticeable from default of 128.
Video comparisons indicate improved object definition after combining Sharp32+Edge168, Download MOD from (( Stable MODs )) folder.
More video quality improvements on the way, Thanks for the support.

Download A129 Duo Modified Firmware > https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/p/download-a129-mod-file.html
Download A119S Modified Firmware > https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/p/download-a119s-mod-file.html
Download A119 Pro Modified Firmware > https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/p/download-a119-pro-mod-file.html
Download A119 Modified Firmware > https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/p/download-a119-mod-file.html

Last edited:
If anyone has Tinted windshield (blue or copper...) and interested in correcting the video footage color to more realistic values let me know. Currently modifying the HUE color data tables for anyone with tinted windshields. Continuing search for Saturation and Contrast.

There are numerous preventable Dash Cam failures being reported. My long Troubleshooting Guide doesn't cover everything but with feedback it can be updated to include new tests and fixes. Troubleshooting begins with simple verifications on all accessories such as microSD card functionality, quality, class and speed. Cheap or fake cards will cause all types of issues. For testing use original cables and adapters, then swap to shorter cables and alternate power source.

Troubleshooting Guide for VIOFO A119, A119S, A119PRO, A129DUO Dash Cams

Last edited:
Added MOD-ID numbers to all future releases for quick identification from Dashcam MENU > Firmware Version setting and changed the embedded MP4 "Movie_More" video info tag (currently DEMO1 for 2 years) to represent MOD version.
( 391B07 = Modified Base FW v3.91 / B = A119 / 07 = MOD-07 ) Details & Screenshot here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119s-firmwares.31430/post-424001

Uploaded new FWBA119_MOD-07_v3.91+27Mbps+Sharp34+Edge178+DICE.bin for The MOD Squad to test drive.
When more MOD-07 footage from A119 + A119PRO + A129 + A119S is available we need to assess if 27Mbps + Sharp34 + Edge178 is the best crisp image quality before further adjustments.
Thanks for your time.

Reactions: mad
FWBA119_MOD-06_v3.91+25Mbps+Sharp34+Edge178+DICE.bin

Default settings(per your recommended settings) + CPL
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-pmb3GCHxxUgdS97JAPjH_53eNVunpfD

Thank you.
Thank you for the footage if you give me permission will be used in next A119 MOD-07&06 promotional video. That is the clearest, sharpest, crisp night video i've seen from A119, and much better than official firmware, can read that large road sign at end from over 10 car lengths away, perfectly focused! Can you repeat route during day with sun overhead or from behind? Viewed that 27.1Mbps footage several times and object definition is shockingly good. Hope to have Saturation, Brightness & Contrast control soon.

Thank you for the footage if you give me permission will be used in next A119 MOD-07&06 promotional video. That is the clearest, sharpest, crisp night video i've seen from A119, and much better than official firmware, can read that large road sign at end from over 10 car lengths away, perfectly focused! Can you repeat route during day with sun overhead or from behind? Viewed that 27.1Mbps footage several times and object definition is shockingly good. Hope to have Saturation, Brightness & Contrast control soon.

Yes you may.
Will do for mod 07.

Updated:

FWBA119_MOD-07_v3.91+27Mbps+Sharp34+Edge178+DICE.bin (Day)
File 007 (Trees)
File 019 (Signboards, cars, builidngs)

FWBA119_MOD-07_v3.91+27Mbps+Sharp34+Edge178+DICE.bin (Rainy night)
File 055 and 056

Default settings(per your recommended settings) + CPL
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HSGLC1geE2hyWic3_pZDwpdN3hOCY2n3

Indeed. MOD-07 produced crisp and sharpest video than MOD-06.
Tested parking mode. It works flawlessly.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I'll post here as well b/c I have an A119 for my rear window. I'm switching the firmware on this unit from factory 3.4 to the mod-07. This camera does not have a CPL but does shot through a widow with a tint film on it.

It will be a few more days after I get the modded firmware on this camera to upload some sample clips.

Other than giving the ability to turn of all beeps, is there any advantage it flashing from FW3.6 to FW3.91?

I have only had the A110 V2 for a few days and still trying out. FW3.6 is the firmware it was delivered with, but I am a little under whelmed by the picture quality. Against my only comparison a YI Smart Dash Cam at 1920x1080 60Fps which is obviously over saturated and sharpen. May be I will try your mods do you suggest a preference at to which one. TIA Tractor
@Tractor , Welcome to the DashCamTalk Forum, this place has the most information on almost every Dashcam sold.
Official Firmware v3.90 & 3.91
Fixed: The random white screen issue. This a another attempt at fixing this bug, as V3.6 did not fix it. Added a Boot Delay to the menu
It's a good idea to update to v3.91 for the 'white screen fix' and Boot Delay option. None of that will change Image Quality so MODs are the only current way to alter them.
In my online MOD archive there is a recommended MOD usually less than 27Mbps, always try that first from the Stable MODs folder. Must RENAME all MOD files to FWBA119.bin for updates.
DOWNLOAD A119 Modified Firmware: https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/p/download-a119-mod-file.html

Last edited:
@Tractor , Welcome to the DashCamTalk Forum, this place has the most information on almost every Dashcam sold.
Official Firmware v3.90 & 3.91
Fixed: The random white screen issue. This a another attempt at fixing this bug, as V3.6 did not fix it. Added a Boot Delay to the menu
It would a good idea to update to v3.91 for the 'white screen fix' and Boot Delay option. None of that will change Image Quality so MODs are the only current way to alter them.
In my online MOD archive there is a recommended MOD usually less than 27Mbps, always try that first from the Stable MODs folder. Must RENAME all MOD files to FWBA119.bin for updates.
DOWNLOAD A119 Modified Firmware: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d47InQ8qHSkZCgVfxersR1gflsd3hQTN
Thank very much for the tips, I will give one of you mods a go in a few days after the newness has worn off, I will let you know how it goes. Thanks Tractor

Both Clips running FWBA119_MOD-07_v3.91+27Mbps+Sharp34+Edge178+DICE
WDR=OFF / EV=0 / 1080p 60fps / 60 hz / NO CPL
Inside of window not exactly clean.
Outside of window sort of clean
Tint Film is 30% SUNTEK with IR blocking.
Blur lines are from the defroster grid.
Vibration is due to the mounting surface is plastic trim around door panel is not super stable.

Clip #1 Is early afternoon.

Clip #2 Is early Morning before sunrise.

Both Clips running FWBA119_MOD-07_v3.91+27Mbps+Sharp34+Edge178+DICE
WDR=OFF / EV=0 / 1080p 60fps / 60 hz / NO CPL
Inside of window not exactly clean.
Outside of window sort of clean
Tint Film is 30% SUNTEK with IR blocking.
Blur lines are from the defroster grid.
Vibration is due to the mounting surface is plastic trim around door panel is not super stable.

Clip #1 Is early afternoon.

Clip #2 Is early Morning before sunrise.
Thanks for sharing, that night clip of you accelerating away from motorcycle is impressive. Any other dashcam wouldn't beable to handle that bike's headlight intensity, its even too much for A119.
MOD-07 is very good even without adjusting Saturation. With your previously recorded A119 footage do you think Saturation should increase, decrease or stay the same? The other VIOFO dashcams improved with a 5 level decrease.

Back