Viofo A119 not switching on, completely dead?

traficam cape town

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Dash Cam
Crosstour CR900, Stealth Dash Cam & Qvia QR790
I own a Viofo 119 and it stopped working without warning and is completely non-functional after two years of operation. The firmware was up to date, on my pc it shows device "NT96660 Unknown device The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)". Good device I am disappointed that it stopped working without any warnings.

Anyone that can assist me with with the problem or how to fix the unit?

Last edited:
What's the video link supposed to be for? (expected to see how it's behaving now) Lights no Lights? Screen on no Screen? Updating the firmware usually brings it back to life. You can't plug the camera into the computer need to eject the card to get the .bin file on the card another way. (usb card reader)

Ignore the video link, my mistake for adding it. Viofo A119 no power, no screen. My pc does not pick up the device, the dash cam does not switch on.

if you have no lights then it's likely dead, any sign of life and the firmware will normally reload but sounds like that's not happening for you

Clearly no solution so my Viofo A119 will be going into the trash can.

Have you also tried another cable? Maybe the cable is the problem?

If it truly is dead after trying different cables, I'd keep it for parts, even the screws are useful eg: I recently bought a refurbished Viofo a119 v2, but whoever refurbished it, they left out 3 screws, so the case comes apart & vibrates. Do you think I can find replacement screws?. You may also one day need other parts / screws inside, for another device or project, you never know. It's not like it takes up a lot of room to store.

But if you do not want to keep it, at least recycle it at a reputable electronics recycler (government), vs. just throwing it in the garbage where metals are lost & there may be elements that leach pollution.

Clearly no solution so my Viofo A119 will be going into the trash can.

Have you tried another PS? Usually a home-use phone charger will deliver enough power to run a cam. And PS failures are one of the more common reasons dashcams stop working.

Phil

Phil, I tried a home charger but no startup either. I can assume the electronics stopped working. On investigation I saw other Viofo devices that had the same issue.

Have you also tried another cable? Maybe the cable is the problem?

If it truly is dead after trying different cables, I'd keep it for parts, even the screws are useful eg: I recently bought a refurbished Viofo a119 v2, but whoever refurbished it, they left out 3 screws, so the case comes apart & vibrates. Do you think I can find replacement screws?. You may also one day need other parts / screws inside, for another device or project, you never know. It's not like it takes up a lot of room to store.

But if you do not want to keep it, at least recycle it at a reputable electronics recycler (government), vs. just throwing it in the garbage where metals are lost & there may be elements that leach pollution.

What I meant with trash is that the device icluding the GPS module, will be recycled at an electonics waste collection agency. I replaced the Viofo A119 with the Crosstour CR900 Dual Dash Camera.

Back