Created new A119Pro - Beta versions 6Lp + 6Lq
Request feedback on Sharpness, Brightness and Saturation under all lighting conditions.
Released 2 different Brightness versions, which one do you prefer in test footage, 6Lp=darker < vs > 6Lq=brighter ?

FWA119P_MOD-6Lp_v1.32+26Mbps+Sharp190C+Edge172+Brite126+Sat102B+DCTeam.bin
Download > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jmSYTsNmzy8madyjKqjuNwOfsQeRSZDd

FWA119P_MOD-6Lq_v1.32+26Mbps+Sharp190C+Edge172+Sat102B+DCTeam.bin
Download > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pqUHvMoF38ReFxthJGFG1bgS2bPXQIJw
---
DCTeam - CEO/CEH/CDO/DRD/DSP/IQE/PDU/SFC/LLS
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BCHobbyist

6Lp firmware - bright sunny day - 2 clips travelling in all 4 compass points...

RAW VIDEO

RAW VIDEO 1

Great daytime 6Lp Beta footage, sharpness has improved with increased Edge Detection, Saturation looks acceptable but Brightness is high, must review night footage and compare against 6Lq. thanks for sharing multiple sun angle clips.

Hello, i am new to this forum.
I have a little problem with my Viofo A119pro with gps mount.
The cam does not going in Parking mode, the little icon is in the left upper corner.
Firmware 1.31, 1.32 and the Stable Mod does not help.
I have serveral times reset the device with Menu and a clip.
At the first day the make some parking vids, then i don't look at the cam's card. I think 'it is okay!', but that was wrong.
Every 3 min the cam saves a new file, without parking and locked files (G-sensor s set to middle, at high locks every hole a file - we have many holes…) :)
Settings G-Sensor middle, 3 min loop time, Timezone +1, set date and time, Parking Mode set to 5 fps/s, Screen saver 1 min.
Travel or motion detect can't activated, because parking mode.
I have tried with the original cig. adapter and cable - i use another adapter and cable. Power source with Power Bank (10000 AH).
Power cable stuck in cam and not in gps mount.
Mount with sucktion cup without gps.
Nothing helps!
If i power it with powerbank and lay it on the table after 90 sek the cam goes in standby (rec light off, green light on) - if i vibrate a little bit the table (take hand on table with a little move) the screen goes on. If i move my hand before the lens it will go in record modus without screen on. By the test was screen saver set to 3 min. After 90 sec. the screen goes off and the pro in standby.
But it does it not if i mount it in the car.
Viofo Support means i should by a Transcend card or a Samsung evo. I bought an 128gb Transcent A1 V30 with is good for phones ore tablet's but not for camera.
I bought it in hurry and about price, but i don't read the specs of the card. :-(
It take 20 sek to stop the recording with a full card and go into menu.
Then i bought a viofo mls or mlc card 64gb over amazon from viofo.
The support means now i should install the firmware 1.32, which i done.
After a few test i install the stable mod from here, but it will help not!
The a119 pro is not going to parking modus and the camera drains my car battery with ca. 0,4ah - because it is always on.
I have beside install a hard wire kit, it will cut the power if battery is below 11.6V, every start/Stop from motor will cause a start from camera.
Parking with the hard wire kit turns the cam off after a little time. The cigarette socket has always power and is directly connected to the car battery.

Is it possibility to cange the treshold of the g-sensor a little bit to bring my cam to parking modus?
Or what can i do?

Sorry for my bad written english, it is not my tongue speak and the school was long ago.

Best Regards

Roland

Last edited:
Hello, i am new to this forum.
I have a little problem with my Viofo A119pro with gps mount.
The cam does not going in Parking mode, the little icon is in the left upper corner.
Firmware 1.31, 1.32 and the Stable Mod does not help.
I have serveral times reset the device with Menu and a clip.
At the first day the make some parking vids, then i don't look at the cam's card. I think 'it is okay!', but that was wrong.
Every 3 min the cam saves a new file, without parking and locked files (G-sensor s set to middle, at high locks every hole a file - we have many holes…) :)
Settings G-Sensor middle, 3 min loop time, Timezone +1, set date and time, Parking Mode set to 5 fps/s, Screen saver 1 min.
Travel or motion detect can't activated, because parking mode.
I have tried with the original cig. adapter and cable - i use another adapter and cable. Power source with Power Bank (10000 AH).
Power cable stuck in cam and not in gps mount.
Mount with sucktion cup without gps.
Nothing helps!
If i power it with powerbank and lay it on the table after 90 sek the cam goes in standby (rec light off, green light on) - if i vibrate a little bit the table (take hand on table with a little move) the screen goes on. If i move my hand before the lens it will go in record modus without screen on. By the test was screen saver set to 3 min. After 90 sec. the screen goes off and the pro in standby.
But it does it not if i mount it in the car.
Viofo Support means i should by a Transcend card or a Samsung evo. I bought an 128gb Transcent A1 V30 with is good for phones ore tablet's but not for camera.
I bought it in hurry and about price, but i don't read the specs of the card. :-(
It take 20 sek to stop the recording with a full card and go into menu.
Then i bought a viofo mls or mlc card 64gb over amazon from viofo.
The support means now i should install the firmware 1.32, which i done.
After a few test i install the stable mod from here, but it will help not!
The a119 pro is not going to parking modus and the camera drains my car battery with ca. 0,4ah - because it is always on.
I have beside install a hard wire kit, it will cut the power if battery is below 11.6V, every start/Stop from motor will cause a start from camera.
Parking with the hard wire kit turns the cam off after a little time. The cigarette socket has always power and is directly connected to the car battery.

Is it possibility to cange the treshold of the g-sensor a little bit to bring my cam to parking modus?
Or what can i do?

Sorry for my bad written english, it is not my tongue speak and the school was long ago.

Best Regards

Roland
Welcome to the Forum.
Just to inform you and possibly others the MENU Setting G-Sensor > Off/Low/Medium/High has zero effect when you enable Parking Mode. For normal driving set G-sensor to OFF or LOW, it doesn't matter for Parking Mode.
Parking Mode uses visual Motion Detection and impact/vibration events from G-sensor. (see video below)
When Parking Mode is enabled and Dashcam is powered by Power Bank visual motion that crosses entire field of view is required for Parking Mode 5fps time lapse to trigger. If movement isn't near center nothing will happen.

General Advice to all VIOFO Dash Camera owners, don't buy the most expensive microSD memory cards when troubleshooting, the cheaper 32 or 64GB Lexar High-Per 633x, Samsung EVO cards available at Retails Stores are fine, the point is to have two different brands to swap out while testing, avoid testing with SanDisk Ultra cards or any under 16GB size.

In order to provide correct and useful advice a few questions must be answered:
1) did you Format all memory cards inside the Dashcam from the MENU ? (format them all again using Menu, DIY video is available)
2) does dashcam record normal drive footage when mounted in vehicle ?
3) has the smallest memory card ever recorded to fill the card then start over-writing oldest video clips ?
4) what is Menu > Loop Recording set to ? (suggest 2 or 3 mins)
4) can you view/Play the first, middle and last recorded normal drive clips on your computer ?
5) look on memory card for RO folder and check total size of all clips, is the card full ? (if full Format or delete RO folder which contains locked clips)
6) verify Menu > Time Lapse = OFF + Motion Detection = OFF
7) verify Menu > Parking Mode = 5fps and you are pressing the red triangle to select correctly.
8) verify Live View shows tiny car icon after 60 seconds of not touching DVR while parked.
9) verify while Parking Mode is enabled mounted in vehicle that rocking the car triggers 60 second 30fps video capture.

You can always contact me by clicking my DCTeam Avatar then start private conversation.

Hey guys!
Nice to join the Forum!
I'm making my choice between A119S and A119PRO.
A friend of mine's bought either versions in US and gonna bring me one to Odessa, Ukraine soon.
He made several test videos for me to choose.
I like night video of A119pro that was shot with 1440p30fps resolution (1.32 firmware). Yet, my omnivorous network media player PCH A200 didn't manage to playback this video. Even 4K videos normally do not make any problem for it. Suppose, there are some nonstandard codec params preventing hardware player to start video playback. Thus, I had to use software player on my 2K tablet to playback the video .
As soon as there is a new possibility of TS container usage for video recording, would you please share any 1440p30fps video of A119PRO shot in TS container?
Thanks!

Hello, sorry for Timelaps i think the messageboard software send every quote a mail, it was only the first.
I try to answer the questions:
I know that the G-Sensor Settings has nothing to do with parking mode, in high it will put 33% to 66% of the files in the RO Folder, at the other settings nothing.
I have mount the cam behind the mirror near the bottom line of black Sun filter, so i can not easily look at the screen.
Resolution is set to maximum 2560x1440x30pfs, if i set it to 60fps it has many snow on the clips (to many - you can't see anything!)
The CPL Filter was buyed and was mounted but now it is not attached.

Quotes:
When Parking Mode is enabled and Dashcam is powered by Power Bank visual motion that crosses entire field of view is required for Parking Mode 5fps time lapse to trigger. If movement isn't near center nothing will happen.
- Yes it is clear, if nothing in Field of View is moving the cam should be gone to standby. That not happend. The trigger to 5fps is missing.
don't buy the most expensive microSD memory cards
I buy a card with mlc for dashcam from Viofo. For test or so i have another new card from Sandisk High Edurance 64gb für dashcams (I have not unpacking these yet)
The other card's Sandisk with 32gb and Transcend with 128gb are to small or a wrong product.
The Questions:
1. Yes 64gb mlc is format from the cam with the entry in menü.
2. Normal Videos are saved.
3. The looping are correct, i have 73 files on the card, the oldest is 6 or 7h past again.
4. 3mins, i can look the files on my computer. Transfered with Usb card reader on Smartphone copyed to PC or with USB card reader direct on PC. The USB Card reader is twice faster the the dashcam connected to PC.
The card will format by the dashcam after inserted. One file at the end was corrupted - i don't know when i pull out the card. (Unmount from GPS Mount and pull a second later the card out or not, i don't know!)
5. There a no locked clips when g-Sensor set to middle or low, only I touch the wrong key.
6. If i try to set Time Lapse or Motion Detection it gives a warning because parking mode must be disabled before. The settings are not saved (or I see it!) I only set Parking to 5fps, the other i don't touch. I will take a look at the settings.
7. Parking Mode is enabled, the Icon is in the left upper corner.
8. The screen Saver is set to 1mins, i will test it with settings to 3mins. That is the question - if i sit in the car (Ignition off) and move my body/head to take a look at the screen, will it trigger the g-sensor?
But on the other side i will park the car at the evening at the road and coming early in the morning 6 am? to my car and take a look at the saved files it will show this Timestamp as an example: (Pressing left key) 6:30, 6:27, 6:24, 6:21 and so on the hole space of the card over 100 files. None of this files are locked or in 5fps. All files show the same road, nothing is marked as parking or locked!
9. I will give it a try, but when i open the car and slammed the door normal close nothing happend, if i take a look at the cam the red rec button is enabled.
It can make a clip from me going to the car and opening it, but the clip should be in 5fps and not in 30fps.
If I right understood it the g-sensor is set to high while parking mode and must locked the file if i will fall in the seat or smashed the door close…, but it never goes in parking mode.
If it will not trigger the smashing door, how will it detect a park accident?

If I lay the cam to test (I do this once!) on the table with nothing moving in front (Outside window or wall) it will go to standby after 90 seconds. The card was fresh formated, empty.
The Screen Saver was set to 3mins and after 90 sek the screen goes off and the green standby led is lightning. The cam does nothing if i go away and come 5 mins later back, the green light was on. Moving in Field of View triggers recording clip in 5fps, i don't know how long the clip was.
I format the card another time and without any changing in the settings i mounted it in the car and parking mode was not activated.
Now has the car a problem with the battery, for a week I need jumpstart with cable from another car.
Now the Dashcam is not powered on, the workshop will do same test (the first test shows the battery are in good conditions, now the car manufacturer will do another test!)
The power outlet is direct powered from the battery and about 2 days with only 20km driving has empty the battery.
A Hard wire set will shutoff the dashcam every Start/Stop Cycle at a red traffic sign - because the Voltage drops below 11,6V or by the restarting the motor.
A Power Outlet with Voltage/Amperemeter and Temperatur blinks below 11,6V, the voltage is really below the threshold.

Can i see/read the g-sensor measuring of the parking car?

If this message is not of public interest please write and i will discus private.

Best Regards

Roland

Attachments

• ViofoA119p.pdf
    354 KB · Views: 3
Hello, sorry for Timelaps i think the messageboard software send every quote a mail, it was only the first.
I try to answer the questions:
I know that the G-Sensor Settings has nothing to do with parking mode, in high it will put 33% to 66% of the files in the RO Folder, at the other settings nothing.
I have mount the cam behind the mirror near the bottom line of black Sun filter, so i can not easily look at the screen.
Resolution is set to maximum 2560x1440x30pfs, if i set it to 60fps it has many snow on the clips (to many - you can't see anything!)
The CPL Filter was buyed and was mounted but now it is not attached.

Quotes:
- Yes it is clear, if nothing in Field of View is moving the cam should be gone to standby. That not happend. The trigger to 5fps is missing.
don't buy the most expensive microSD memory cards
I buy a card with mlc for dashcam from Viofo. For test or so i have another new card from Sandisk High Edurance 64gb für dashcams (I have not unpacking these yet)
The other card's Sandisk with 32gb and Transcend with 128gb are to small or a wrong product.
The Questions:
1. Yes 64gb mlc is format from the cam with the entry in menü.
2. Normal Videos are saved.
3. The looping are correct, i have 73 files on the card, the oldest is 6 or 7h past again.
4. 3mins, i can look the files on my computer. Transfered with Usb card reader on Smartphone copyed to PC or with USB card reader direct on PC. The USB Card reader is twice faster the the dashcam connected to PC.
The card will format by the dashcam after inserted. One file at the end was corrupted - i don't know when i pull out the card. (Unmount from GPS Mount and pull a second later the card out or not, i don't know!)
5. There a no locked clips when g-Sensor set to middle or low, only I touch the wrong key.
6. If i try to set Time Lapse or Motion Detection it gives a warning because parking mode must be disabled before. The settings are not saved (or I see it!) I only set Parking to 5fps, the other i don't touch. I will take a look at the settings.
7. Parking Mode is enabled, the Icon is in the left upper corner.
8. The screen Saver is set to 1mins, i will test it with settings to 3mins. That is the question - if i sit in the car (Ignition off) and move my body/head to take a look at the screen, will it trigger the g-sensor?
But on the other side i will park the car at the evening at the road and coming early in the morning 6 am? to my car and take a look at the saved files it will show this Timestamp as an example: (Pressing left key) 6:30, 6:27, 6:24, 6:21 and so on the hole space of the card over 100 files. None of this files are locked or in 5fps. All files show the same road, nothing is marked as parking or locked!
9. I will give it a try, but when i open the car and slammed the door normal close nothing happend, if i take a look at the cam the red rec button is enabled.
It can make a clip from me going to the car and opening it, but the clip should be in 5fps and not in 30fps.
If I right understood it the g-sensor is set to high while parking mode and must locked the file if i will fall in the seat or smashed the door close…, but it never goes in parking mode.
If it will not trigger the smashing door, how will it detect a park accident?

If I lay the cam to test (I do this once!) on the table with nothing moving in front (Outside window or wall) it will go to standby after 90 seconds. The card was fresh formated, empty.
The Screen Saver was set to 3mins and after 90 sek the screen goes off and the green standby led is lightning. The cam does nothing if i go away and come 5 mins later back, the green light was on. Moving in Field of View triggers recording clip in 5fps, i don't know how long the clip was.
I format the card another time and without any changing in the settings i mounted it in the car and parking mode was not activated.
Now has the car a problem with the battery, for a week I need jumpstart with cable from another car.
Now the Dashcam is not powered on, the workshop will do same test (the first test shows the battery are in good conditions, now the car manufacturer will do another test!)
The power outlet is direct powered from the battery and about 2 days with only 20km driving has empty the battery.
A Hard wire set will shutoff the dashcam every Start/Stop Cycle at a red traffic sign - because the Voltage drops below 11,6V or by the restarting the motor.
A Power Outlet with Voltage/Amperemeter and Temperatur blinks below 11,6V, the voltage is really below the threshold.

Can i see/read the g-sensor measuring of the parking car?

If this message is not of public interest please write and i will discus private.

Best Regards

Roland
Great detail, tracing the issue should be easier.
Troubleshooting
1 + 2) [use current card] = confirmed the current microSD card works fine no need to buy more. (simple test of normal recordings is enough) = Done.
3) confirmed Looping works = Done.
4) [set Looping 2 mins] = confirmed first-middle-last clips readability, always remove card from Dashcam (transferring clips using USB cable to DVR is crazy) = Done.
4) confirmed clips Play back, Must always wait 8 seconds after power disconnected before removing memory card = Done.
5) [set G-sensor Low] = confirmed G-sensor has zero effect in Parking Mode = Done.
6) [set both to Off] = confirmed Time Lapse set OFF + Motion Detection set OFF = Done.
7) confirmed Parking Mode setting 5fps is selected = Done.
8) confirmed Parking Mode icon appears in top left display Menu = Done.
9) identified issue - has nothing to do with all of the above = Done.

You are correct slow rocking of vehicle will not trigger G-sensor event recording. The algorithm waits for sharp G-sensor spike not gradual slow increase, sometimes slamming door isn't enough but it should be (sensitivity needs adjustment in code).
Parking Mode has delay before it begins, the vehicle must be parked and still no vibration or driver motion. After current normal recorded clip length 3 mins is saved Parking Mode will monitor G-sensor to determine if vehicle is stopped before enabling, this takes 60-90 seconds. So if Looping was 3mins means Parking Mode may not start for 4 mins total = 3mins + 1min.

Suggest following **Extreme** Test :
A) load official Firmware v1.32 , confirm its works.
B) format memory card inside Dashcam to delete RO folder and all clips.
C) mount in vehicle connect to Power Bank.
D) set A119Pro MENU > 1080P / 30fps / Loop=2mins / G-sensor=OFF / Time Lapse=OFF / Motion Detection=OFF / Parking Mode=1fps /
E) get out of vehicle and wait 3 mins then walk directly in front of vehicle back and forth a few times slowly, wait 30 seconds and repeat.
F) kick front tire hard to rock vehicle, wait 60 seconds, repeat.
G) get in vehicle then disconnect cable from Power Bank.
H) remove memory card and view recorded clips on computer.
I) repeat Test using / 1440p / Parking Mode=15fps /
J) repeat Test using A119P firmware MOD-7Tf / 1440p / Parking Mode=5fps /

If any of the Tests above produce Parking Mode time lapse footage its working fine. Many owners don't realize VIOFO's Parking Mode detection is actually very poor but better than most other low priced Dashcams. The great advantage VIOFO's models have is they are all 5 volts allowing common 5 volt Power Bank functionality.

You have discovered another weakness of all Dashcams powered by Hardwire Kits, they will drain your vehicle battery. I will never use any Hardwire Kit for Parking Mode especially if vehicle battery is over 2 years old and winter temperature drops below -5C. The purpose of Vehicle is for reliable transportation, the purpose of Dashcam is accident recording. When Dashcam prevents vehicle from starting its useless. Hardwire Kits from VIOFO are set incorrectly, 11.7 - 11.6 is much too low for voltage regulator disconnect limit, should be 11.9 never lower.
You also discovered new vehicle with Hybrid Gas/Electric engine cycle engine off at traffic lights which drops battery power below 11.6 momentarily which triggers Hardwire Kits to disconnect power to Dashcam. Yet another reason most Hardwire Kits are ineffective. Recommend never using Hardwire Kits with questionable voltage regulator limits.

Night footage, after an accident had occurred (looks like dui)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f26gl1z0dj9n5hh/2018_1117_234935_411.MP4?dl=0
WOW! Excellent A119Pro 6Lq Beta night footage, this could be the best night footage i've seen so far, that crashed car looks like something from a movie set, thanks for sharing this super crisp clip, well done, Sir !
Once I see more daytime footage will create a Stable Public version with all different Bitrates.

If anyone else wants to test the latest Beta version here is link again :
Download > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pqUHvMoF38ReFxthJGFG1bgS2bPXQIJw

MOD-6Lq footage sample day and night

MOD-6Lq_NIGHT
MOD-6Lq-DAY
Great 6Lq Beta footage, the night clip looks good on the edge of being too bright but acceptable, the Day clips reminds me of a roller-coaster ride with endless tight turns, the DVR auto brightness worked well, thanks for sharing.
These 2 MODs are exactly the same except brightness, which do you prefer ?

FWA119P_MOD-6Lp_v1.32+26Mbps+Sharp190C+Edge172+Brite126+Sat102B+DCTeam.bin

Welcome to the Forum.

For better reading i color my answers in green:

You are correct slow rocking of vehicle will not trigger G-sensor event recording. The algorithm waits for sharp G-sensor spike not gradual slow increase, sometimes slamming door isn't enough but it should be (sensitivity needs adjustment in code).
Parking Mode has delay before it begins, the vehicle must be parked and still no vibration or driver motion. After current normal recorded clip length 3 mins is saved Parking Mode will monitor G-sensor to determine if vehicle is stopped before enabling, this takes 60-90 seconds. So if Looping was 3mins means Parking Mode may not start for 4 mins total = 3mins + 1min.

If it must be a 'sharp' spike, how can it detect a slow parking Desaster?

Suggest following **Extreme** Test :
J) repeat Test using A119P firmware MOD-7Tf / 1440p / Parking Mode=5fps /

It look like: If i install a new software (7TF), format the card and reset settings it works for the first time.
If I power down the Pro it will not going in standby. yes it's clear - without power! :)
If i power it the second time up it will not use the parking modus.
To trigger the parking Modus there is only the g-sensor neccessary? In front of the lens there can do action or not?

If any of the Tests above produce Parking Mode time lapse footage its working fine. Many owners don't realize VIOFO's Parking Mode detection is actually very poor but better than most other low priced Dashcams.

I buyed the pro because the parking mode, but i think i must wait to buy the new hardwire kits with 3 cable, if ignition is off it will go to park modus.
But i have problems with my car battery because 'Car Energy consumption is to high!'

You have discovered another weakness of all Dashcams powered by Hardwire Kits, they will drain your vehicle battery. I will never use any Hardwire Kit for Parking Mode especially if vehicle battery is over 2 years old and winter temperature drops below -5C. The purpose of Vehicle is for reliable transportation, the purpose of Dashcam is accident recording. When Dashcam prevents vehicle from starting its useless. Hardwire Kits from VIOFO are set incorrectly, 11.7 - 11.6 is much too low for voltage regulator disconnect limit, should be 11.9 never lower.

Than is my camera none time active!

You also discovered new vehicle with Hybrid Gas/Electric engine cycle engine off at traffic lights which drops battery power below 11.6 momentarily which triggers Hardwire Kits to disconnect power to Dashcam. Yet another reason most Hardwire Kits are ineffective. Recommend never using Hardwire Kits with questionable voltage regulator limits.

All new cars have in Europe Start/Stop Systems onboard to meet the exhaust standards for our country.
I think a hardwire Kit is better than plug in the power outlett, but it means: If the power outlett starts with ignittion or engine run, than is a hardwire kit better.
But at my car the energy consumption is tight, so that every consumption more empty the battery - even over night.

Best Regards

Roland

Here is a bit of night footage - the glass in my car sometimes mists up but it had probably dissipated by the time this happened... Just an ipatient driver who couldn't wait 10 seconds more in a 20mph zone...

LINK

And in YouTube:

All new cars have in Europe Start/Stop Systems onboard to meet the exhaust standards for our country.
I think a hardwire Kit is better than plug in the power outlett, but it means: If the power outlett starts with ignittion or engine run, than is a hardwire kit better.
But at my car the energy consumption is tight, so that every consumption more empty the battery - even over night.

Best Regards

Roland
Your vehicle power suggests when connected to Ignition Accessory port should set MENU > Delay Start = 10 seconds.
Suggest ignore vehicle power issue and use Power Bank for 15 Parking Mode test is Parking Lot, or just walk in front of the car every 30 seconds to test, then kick the tires hard.

It is very important to WAIT 10 seconds after disconnecting power cable before removing memory card or reconnecting power.
After disconnecting power always WAIT for the red REC button light to go out before reconnecting power or removing card to allow SuperCapacitors to discharge and save last clip without file corruption.

Parking Mode isn't very sensitive to slow rocking. If inside vehicle while parked with ignition off and open car door after 4 mins may not be detected, look for that event in RO folder.
Many owners don't fully understand the visual and G-sensor triggers.
A119Pro Parking Mode records Time Lapse 1/5/15fps clips IF visual motion of large object near center view after first 2-3 mins. (Looping=3mins / less time if Looping=2mins)
A119Pro Parking Mode records G-sensor 30fps normal clips in RO folder IF sharp impact or vibration is detected.
Parking Mode does NOT require a G-sensor event to trigger Time Lapse or the other way around.

Park vehicle in parking Lot facing many rows of cars for testing. Watch my video again and duplicate the test.

Your vehicle power suggests when connected to Ignition Accessory port should set MENU > Delay Start = 10 seconds.
Suggest ignore vehicle power issue and use Power Bank for 15 Parking Mode test is Parking Lot, or just walk in front of the car every 30 seconds to test, then kick the tires hard.

It is very important to WAIT 10 seconds after disconnecting power cable before removing memory card or reconnecting power.
After disconnecting power always WAIT for the red REC button light to go out before reconnecting power or removing card to allow SuperCapacitors to discharge and save last clip without file corruption.

Ok, i will remember that.

Parking Mode isn't very sensitive to slow rocking. If inside vehicle while parked with ignition off and open car door after 4 mins may not be detected, look for that event in RO folder.

Door opens or closed are not trigger the g-sensor. because i set it off in settings. :)

Many owners don't fully understand the visual and G-sensor triggers.

I think I am too...

A119Pro Parking Mode records Time Lapse 1/5/15fps clips IF visual motion of large object near center view after first 2-3 mins. (Looping=3mins / less time if Looping=2mins)

I think if the g-sensor is low the camera goes in standby and then if a motion deteceted it take a short movie, then it goes back to standby.
Yes it is true, without motion no clip.

A119Pro Parking Mode records G-sensor 30fps normal clips in RO folder IF sharp impact or vibration is detected.
Parking Mode does NOT require a G-sensor event to trigger Time Lapse or the other way around.

Ok.

Park vehicle in parking Lot facing many rows of cars for testing. Watch my video again and duplicate the test.

I will test it again, the support wrote me to install a attached A129 firmware version, and use the A129 3 Wire ACC Hardwire Kit. :-(
My battery voltage decrease from 12,4 to 11,6 in 20 to 40 sec and then the hardwire will cut off the power.
The first test with Power Bank fails! Many trucks and cars passes through and persons in sight: Result no parking file, no locked files and every 2 mins over 6 hours a new file.
I will give it a new try, with fresh loaded Power Bank and install a 119 pro firmware - not the A129'er. Can we install Firmware for A129 on A119p?
I think i reconnect the power to fast, it will use the standby only the first time after install Firmware and reset the settings, after disconnect Power it will not use it again. :-(
But with the Power managment of my car it seem's not to use a dashcam!
Another system is the Spezial 12V battery like BlackVue B112 as an example...

Roland

I will test it again, the support wrote me to install a attached A129 firmware version, and use the A129 3 Wire ACC Hardwire Kit. :-(
My battery voltage decrease from 12,4 to 11,6 in 20 to 40 sec and then the hardwire will cut off the power.
The first test with Power Bank fails! Many trucks and cars passes through and persons in sight: Result no parking file, no locked files and every 2 mins over 6 hours a new file.
I will give it a new try, with fresh loaded Power Bank and install a 119 pro firmware - not the A129'er. Can we install Firmware for A129 on A119p?
I think i reconnect the power to fast, it will use the standby only the first time after install Firmware and reset the settings, after disconnect Power it will not use it again. :-(
But with the Power managment of my car it seem's not to use a dashcam!
Another system is the Spezial 12V battery like BlackVue B112 as an example...

Roland
You must understand you own A119Pro and cannot install A129Duo firmware.
The vehicle power system is obviously causing issues and could be where you connected the Hardwire Kit to fuse panel. I suggest do all Tests with Power Bank to confirm Dashcam is working normally. Connect power cable to GPS mount for Test#1 then move to A119Pro side port for Test#2. Only need 15mins Test to confirm Parking Mode works using Power Bank. If it records one video clip ending with "P" in Time Lapse without audio it is working.

Requesting A119Pro photos showing any Lens different than one shown here with glass bubble reaching beyond plastic shell. These bubble Lenses protruding beyond 4 vent shell cannot fit CPL Filters.

A119Pro-Lens-bubble.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gse
Strange, I'm fine.
I think my lens is recessed deeper.

IMG_20181121_235408.jpgIMG_20181121_235458.jpgIMG_20181121_235545.jpgIMG_20181121_235750.jpgIMG_20181121_235649.jpg

Back