This side by side 28 Mb/s Bitrate comparison between A129 1080P vs A119 Pro 1440P demonstrates improved image detail from both cameras using what should be the standard 1440P resolution Bitrate. My A119 Pro underwent Lens surgery changing the original F1.8 Lens with F1.6 from A129.

Need someone to confirm Parking Mode at 5fps works normally with MOD-8Tm loaded.
The parking mode 5fps is not stable at all. Files of different lengths - from 15 seconds to 1.5 minutes, which can be seen from the file size, as well as the pause time between files.
I did not check on other parking modes.
Video in normal mode records without problems!
Loop Record cycle set to 1 minute

Mediainfo (аn example of one of the files in the parking mode):
File : 44 s. 667 ms. (recorded 268 seconds of real time)
Bitrate: 28,7 Mbps
: 2560 pix
: 1440 pix
: 16:9
: 30,000 fps
Viopo A119_Pro MOD 8TM TimeLapse 5fps.jpg

Viopo A119_Pro MOD 8TM TimeLapse 5fps_Folder DCIM-Movie.jpg

Fragment MOD 8TM night fr3 (412 MB) https://drive.google.com/file/d/12YaYii9P7TRut3zh3YTF_Jdtr2PLBoKy/view?usp=sharing
Frame MOD 8TM night fr3.1.jpg

Last edited:
The parking mode 5fps is not stable at all. Files of different lengths - from 15 seconds to 1.5 minutes, which can be seen from the file size, as well as the pause time between files.
I did not check on other parking modes.
Video in normal mode records without problems!
Loop Record cycle set to 1 minute

Mediainfo (аn example of one of the files in the parking mode):
File : 44 s. 667 ms. (recorded 268 seconds of real time)
Bitrate: 28,7 Mbps
: 2560 pix
: 1440 pix
: 16:9
: 30,000 fps
View attachment 46141

View attachment 46142

Fragment MOD 8TM night fr3 (412 MB) https://drive.google.com/file/d/12YaYii9P7TRut3zh3YTF_Jdtr2PLBoKy/view?usp=sharing
Thanks for the detailed Parking Mode testing at 28 Mb/s.
Based on A119S Parking Mode functionality the limit for stable 5fps Time Lapse is 26 - 27 Mb/s bitrate. Was hoping the Pro allowed 28. We seem to have hit the limit.
Parking Mode worked fine at previous 26 Mb/s correct? Can you test 27 to confirm is stable?

Parking Mode 5fps Time Lapse only records clips when visual motion is detected, so if nothing moves zero clips if more activity will keep recording at 5fps until motion activity stops.
5fps Time Lapse does not record continuously so clips will vary in size which is normal.

Last edited:
Yes, I will check the parking mode at 27 Mbps.
While I’ll continue the test for MOD-8Tm for a while, but by some chance the recording resolution today I got 1080p instead of 1440p (apparently, when setting the date, I could switch this mode)
Well, nothing can be done, but today I managed to shoot a video of the storm, which lasted about 30 minutes

Video using Mod 1Tm, but saved to 4K to Youtube to try and stop their spoiling the view. Just 2 minutes long, but pause it at 28 seconds if you can....

Video using Mod 1Tm, but saved to 4K to Youtube to try and stop their spoiling the view. Just 2 minutes long, but pause it at 28 seconds if you can....

Very interesting old school Firebird hood scoop supercharger stack, the colour is shocking but the 1440p resolution 32 Mb/s Bitrate video is perfect and the baseline for all future Dashcams, thanks for sharing this modified firmware footage.
Did you notice an improvement in detail using MOD-1Tm ?

Yes - the improvement is there, and England's temperature might allow me to leave it on in summer with a bit of luck...

Yes - the improvement is there, and England's temperature might allow me to leave it on in summer with a bit of luck...
Currently testing A119 Pro using 29 Mb/s Bitrate hoping it can produce very similar detail as 32 Mb/s.
Interesting you mention temperature, just about to update my suggested levels and increase the range limits by 5C. I've detected no voltage or internal temperature change using 29 Mb/s.

YouTube's play back Quality Setting for 1440p or 2160p appears depending on Operating System and Browser.
YouTube's higher upload Bit Rates use VP9 video codec, verify codec with right-click on video, select "Stats for nerds".

Google Chrome: VP9 video codec is enabled on all OS.
Linux: VP9 is enabled in Firefox,
Mac: VP9 is disabled in Firefox, thus only H.264 with 1080p will get played.
Windows: VP9 with 2K or 4K depends on the machine

enable VP9 in FIREFOX by setting media.mediasource.webm.enabled to true in about:config

Reactions: gse
After weeks of testing A119 Pro at 29-32 Mb/s with no noticeable internal temperature change and the recently revealed new Viofo A119 V3 stock hidden 4K video bitrate of 32.2 Mb/s . . . decided to remove all my suggested temperature use limits. As expected the soon to be tested 4K - 3840x2160p resolution A129 Pro WiFi Dashcam increases Bitrate for the much higher 4K resolution to maintain fine details, 32 Mb/s is the perfect level for 2K maximum detail.

I suggest everyone start tracking the price of 128 & 256 GB micro SD memory cards rated U3 for 4K video 90 MB/s write speeds.

Last edited:
MOD-9Tm Some day and night footage. My polariser has gone missing, so I will have to purchase a new one. The footage looks good. Night footage was wet and damp, still a good level of detail. Thanks for the continuing development of this firmware.
Day
Night

MOD-9Tm Some day and night footage. My polariser has gone missing, so I will have to purchase a new one. The footage looks good. Night footage was wet and damp, still a good level of detail. Thanks for the continuing development of this firmware.
Day
Night
Excellent A119 Pro 29Mb/s test footage, daytime video quality is near perfect, I was sure that Bus was going to hit you. The rainy night footage is very good, thanks for sharing.
Hope you can help try the slightly sharper MOD version.

Created new A119 Pro - STABLE MOD versions 9Tn , 8Tn , 7Tn , 6Tn , 5Tn , 4Tn
DOWNLOAD >
https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/p/download-a119-pro-mod-file.html

The Tn series MODs are enhanced with Strong Sharpness . View the A119 Pro ChangeLog page for full details.
Recommend 24 Mb/s for reduced file size or 26 Mb/s for improved image detail.
Higher Bitrate MODs improve image detail and increase MP4 video clip size.

MOD Install Guide: https://viofo-dash-cam-modified-firmware.blogspot.com/
A119 Pro V2 Dash Cam Review: https://viofo-a119-pro-dash-cam-review.blogspot.com

---
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BCHobbyist/videos

Excellent A119 Pro 29Mb/s test footage, daytime video quality is near perfect, I was sure that Bus was going to hit you. The rainy night footage is very good, thanks for sharing.
Hope you can help try the slightly sharper MOD version.

Thanks for the feedback. I did not notice the bus, my wife does the driving :) I will give the sharper MOD a try at the weekend.

Appreciatte modding the FW on the A119 pro has came to a hault but just wonder what particular modded FW would be recommended for the A119 pro for just a general all round sharper image whilst keeping file sizes to a reasonable size ? Is there any particular settings that require dealt with once any modded FW has been installed apart from the obvious ones off resetting date/ time etc etc ?

MOD-6Tn looks a good update whilst keeping things reasonable with regards file size etc. Parking mode etc stil ok with the FW mods ? Does this particular mod do anything with regards improving night image ?

Appreciatte modding the FW on the A119 pro has came to a hault but just wonder what particular modded FW would be recommended for the A119 pro for just a general all round sharper image whilst keeping file sizes to a reasonable size ? Is there any particular settings that require dealt with once any modded FW has been installed apart from the obvious ones off resetting date/ time etc etc ?
MOD-6Tn looks a good update whilst keeping things reasonable with regards file size etc. Parking mode etc stil ok with the FW mods ? Does this particular mod do anything with regards improving night image ?
I continue to create MODs for all Viofo Dashcam models making minor adjustments to color table but keeping them private with small testing group. Follow the MOD install procedure listed on post #1 of this thread and watch the Install video, must always reset Default Settings after all Official or MOD firmware updates. Easiest way to improve low light recording video is remove the CPL Filter which actually darkens the video causing increased motion blurring. I never use WDR.

The A119 Pro 1440p resolution MODs are very good and stable. I always release Low / Medium / Strong Sharpness versions to compensate for various Lens focus variations. Strong won't look the best for everyone but if your Lens was poorly focused during assembly it will greatly improve image quality and detail. My Lens has perfect focus so MOD-9Tm produces excellent results. My Avatar shows which MODs I use daily.
Parking Mode has different MOD limitations testing indicates best to stay under 28 Mb/s so MOD-7Tm/n or lower bitrate for reliable recording. The A119 Pro MODs all work with Parking Mode unlike the locked down A129 Duo 1080p model.

Okay thanks so much to take the time to explain everything in detail. I was only going for the MOD-6Tn because I see that particular one was recommended by you in your write up. Is it worth trying the MOD-7Tn or best to stick with the 6Tn version and see how I get on with it ?
Also appreciate you say you are continuing to create mods for these cameras just wonder if you plan to release anything to the general public soon ? Is there much more you can do with the A119pro or do you think you have seen the best mod results wi

Last edited:
@BCHobbyist - Steve, have you anything for the 4k Pro Duo in the pipeline?

Hello, I'm not sure if I'll be getting any replies since the A119 Pro is kinda outdated. But I just installed the modified firmware 5Tn and I wasn't happy with the results, esp night time recording.

So I installed 8Tn, hoping I can at least read license plates at night. But the result is pretty much the same. Is this the best I can get without upgrading? :(

Edit: Is it because I have a dirty lens? Dirty windshield?

Attachments

• Viofo A119 Pro.jpg
    Viofo A119 Pro.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 10
Back