Jeremy Wong

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119, Viofo A119S, Xiaomi Mijia, 360 J511C, etc
Author's Note: The original review is found at jwtech, please head to the site to show us your support as well. Click here to view all my product reviews.

Thank you Viofo for sending over this review sample of their latest Viofo A119 Pro.

Viofo product page: A119 Pro
Viofo Aliexpress official store page: A119 Pro

Technical Specs:
• Processor: Novatek 96660
• Sensor: Aptina AR0521
• Lens: 7G 130° wide angle lens view
• Aperture: F1.8
• Resolution: 1440p 30fps, 1296P 30fps, 1080p 30/60fps, 720 30/60fps
• 2″ High Resolution TFT
• Support up to 128GB microSD card
• GPS mount (optional)
• CPL filter (optional)
• Built-in super capacitor
• Parking mode (requires hardwire kit)

The box

Open box

Contents

• A119 Pro
• GPS mount
• Non-GPS mounts x2
• Suction mount
• Dual USB car charger
• Long mini USB cable
• Short mini USB cable
• Cable clips x5
• EVA foam
• Spare mount tape
• Nylon string
• User manual

A119 Pro

GPS mount

Non-GPS mount

Suction mount

Dual USB car charger

A new dual USB car charger. Different from the dual USB car charger that came with the A119 & A119S.

Long mini USB cable

Short mini USB cable

Cable holder

EVA foam

The EVA foam is for dampening vibrations between the GPS mount and the A119 Pro.

Spare mounting tape & nylon string

User manual

Initial firmware out of the box

Test setup

Will be using a 64GB Samsung Evo Plus for the recordings.

Videos
Below is recorded in 2560×1440 30fps with an overall bit rate of 24.3 Mb/s without the CPL filter.

Final thoughts
The A119 Pro uses the same shell as the A119 & A119S. The only difference is the lens and sensor. Also the inclusive of the suction mount & EVA foam is an added plus.

The image quality of the videos is kinda lacking compared to the A119 & A119S. But as an owner of both the A119 & A119S, knowing that Viofo will release a firmware later for the A119 Pro that will greatly improve the image quality like how they did for the A119 & A119S. Can’t wait.

Will update again with videos when there is a new firmware released for the A119 Pro.

Last edited:
Aaaa the great city "KL" (y) too bad i only got to see your airport on my way home.

And yes people should know that all dashcam makers when they release a new model, that's just a bare bone model and things like image quality are pretty stock and may / will use a lot of tweaking in firmware's to come.

If any dashcam maker say we dont do that we only release polished products and you know that for a fact, then please give me their name.
The only new thing with the A119 pro is the sensor used, everything else are pretty normal.

Thank you! Good to know about the EVA foam. I’m surprised to hear that the A119 Pro’s video quality is worse than the A119. I’ll have to put my A119 back up (I swapped it out for the Pro today) to see how the compare as well.

Below is recorded in 1920x1080 60fps with an overall bit rate of 20.5 Mb/s without the CPL filter.

Recorded using firmware v1.2 in 2560x1440 30fps with an overall bit rate of 24.3 Mb/s without the CPL filter.

Back