Viofo A119 undiagnosed hardware fault :(

IscreaMan

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi.

Can You help me diagnose this dashcam failure?
This is brand new unit. Updathing firmware to latest V3.6 didn't help at all.

Thank You in advance for any help.

@IscreaMan
Given how long it took to stop after the power was pulled makes me wonder if the screen cable is attached. It might not be seated properly.
Is there anything recorded on the memory card?

Looks faulty, request a replacement.

Last edited:
If you are using a USB wall charger (phone charger) with a minimum of 1A output with the Viofo supplied USB cable and it does this with or without a memory card inserted, I would simply ask for a replacement.

Interesting to see power from the capacitors lasting almost 30 seconds.

Interesting to see power from the capacitors lasting almost 30 seconds.
I've seen it a number of times but don't remember exactly with the failed after that camera, or with a recovered (second) camera, except I saw the logo on screen only, probably on a failed one.

Number of seconds was just an observation. I've experienced hanging on the VIOFO logo with the A119S in the past but never actually counted how long it stays hung before the screen fades away.

I'd never worry about trying to repair a faulty unit if it's brand new, if a firmware update doesn't solve it, return to seller for a shiny new one

Hi.

Can You help me diagnose this dashcam failure?
This is brand new unit. Updathing firmware to latest V3.6 didn't help at all.

Thank You in advance for any help.

there was a dress that looked like that, and people argued about what colour it was

there was a dress that looked like that, and people argued about what colour it was
OK, lets have an argument, what colour is that camera?

I'll start with "Sunset"...

Back