Viofo a119 v1 turning on problem.

Dimka

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi guys.
I am using this great camera for more than a year now. about half a year ago I bought a new car and connected the camera with the original viofo hardwire kit to the car electricity.
My camera is connected with the gps mount and I have never had any of the V1 famous issue.

I have noticed for the last months that sometimes when I turn the car switch on the camera doesn't turn on as usual. I have to click the power bottom manually and everything work great. If I turn the car off and on again the camera works fine. This issue happens only once in 7-14 days. at the rest of the time the camera turns on perfectly fine. I live in a very hot country if it matters.

Do you know how can I fix this problem? Thanks alot.

Try turning the car key to the accessory position first, let the camera boot, then turn the key all the way to start the car and see if that helps the camera startup properly.

Try turning the car key to the accessory position first, let the camera boot, then turn the key all the way to start the car and see if that helps the camera startup properly.
Thanks I'll try to do this.
Most of the times it happens when I don't use my car for a few days like after a weekend.

there are several causes of delayed Dashcam startup :
  • some vehicles momentarily cut power to specific accessory circuits during engine start, could change the hardwire fuse-tap from cig to acc or even radio.
  • capacitors not charging correctly or failing (verified by last video always corrupted)
  • RTC clock battery low after many days of no use which triggers a shutdown to charge then starts up after a minute. (verified by custom settings and time zone lost after startup)
  • GPS mount requires stabilizing with foam, tape or toothpick.
  • extreme heat will tarnish the GPS contact points much quicker than winter, the startup issue or even looping restarts will increase in frequency until you improve connectivity between GPS gold pins and dashcam contact plate.

RTC battery only stores the time and date. All other settings are not affected by the RTC.

there are several causes of delayed Dashcam startup :
  • some vehicles momentarily cut power to specific accessory circuits during engine start, could change the hardwire fuse-tap from cig to acc or even radio.
  • capacitors not charging correctly or failing (verified by last video always corrupted)
  • RTC clock battery low after many days of no use which triggers a shutdown to charge then starts up after a minute. (verified by custom settings and time zone lost after startup)
  • GPS mount requires stabilizing with foam, tape or toothpick.
  • extreme heat will tarnish the GPS contact points much quicker than winter, the startup issue or even looping restarts will increase in frequency until you improve connectivity between GPS gold pins and dashcam contact plate.

First of all, thanks for your answer.
1. My camera is not connected to a specific fuse-tap. It was connected to the "service electric braid". I"m not sure how to say it in English but It was connected from the same electric braid that was used at the car dealer for
the installation of the "mobileye", reverse camera, reverse sensors and etc'. the safety fuse is on the viofo cable itself.

2. The last videos are fine. I am checking the recording every few days for the last year.

3. Custom settings and time zone are fine.

4. I"m using original foam from my other car viofo v2.

5. Thanks I'll try this solution.

Back