Viofo A119 V2 HK2 or HK3?

Depends on your requirements.

Personally I am happy with using the car battery and setting the parking timer to 3 hours.
I would set it longer if geofencing was available on the Viofo cameras, but that is still in beta release on the A139.

Of the dashcam parking batteries, I don't currently have a preference, most of them seem too expensive for what they are, and I'm not convinced about long term reliability on some of them.

I do have a standard USB powerbank that I use if I need long term recording, but I don't often need it.
Thanks for that info! Now you got me looking into the USB batteries. - I see on another thread that @mbc0 is using a Power Core battery to power parking mode, etc.

I know the Blackvue and Celllink batteries that are dedicated to dashcams are very expensive for what you get. I don't mind spending what money I need to, but I'd like to make sure what I purchase is a decent value. - Thanks again for your advice!

So I don't have a A119V2, but do have an older A119V1. I believe the only thing that changed between the V1 and V2 was the GPS mount style, so testing the V1 with the HK3 kit should be the same as the V2. On the A119V1, if you connect the red and yellow wires together, then this does indeed bypass the low voltage cutoff. However, if you connect the kit as intended, red to constant 12V source and the yellow to an accessory 12V source, then the kit appear to work fine. So, after a 90-100 second delay (which is normal), the kit will kill power to the camera once the voltage has dipped below the cutoff set point. I also noticed that if you reconnect the yellow wire to power, the camera will turn on again, even when the voltage was still below the cutoff setting.
Thanks for spending your time to test it - I'm really grateful.
Now I know everything and gonna order HK3 tomorrow.

Have a nice Sunday friends!

Back