Viofo A119 V3 as rear cam

dimtheo

Reaction score
Country
Greece
hello

i understand this is meant for the front of the car having a screen and all that but can it be used for the rear ? i know i wont be able to view the screen but i dont mind

thanks

Yes, and it is much better than most rear cameras available!

Only real issue is that the lock button is out of reach and unlike the A129 there is not a bluetooth remote control available. So keep a spare card available for if there is something important that needs protecting.

It is also going to be a bit more obvious from outside, which may be a good or bad feature.

the car is a toyota c-hr with black glass from factory so nothing is visible from the outside

hello

i understand this is meant for the front of the car having a screen and all that but can it be used for the rear ? i know i wont be able to view the screen but i dont mind

thanks
My windows are not tinted and I have Viofo A119 V3 in the front and in the back. Night footage from rear cam is basically useless because of the headlights from cars behind, but day footage is great.

What do you mean by "screen"?

Yes, and it is much better than most rear cameras available!

Only real issue is that the lock button is out of reach and unlike the A129 there is not a bluetooth remote control available. So keep a spare card available for if there is something important that needs protecting.
I have 128GB Micro SD card in both, front and rear cams. When something important happens I take that cam home and copy that video files to my PC and then put cam back in the car. And, also like you suggested, I keep spare memory card in the car.

It is also going to be a bit more obvious from outside, which may be a good or bad feature.
This working great for me, keeps those tailgaters off my back.

Back