Viofo A119 V3 Parking mode stops working after few hours

maciekelga

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hi,

I have a problem with my Viofo A119 V3 with firmware 2.0. Cam is connected via hardware kit ACC - correct connection, double checked, cam tested with few high quality SD card.
Hardware kit set to 11.8V, car battery new, voltage is not drop below this value.
I tested with Samsung Evo Plus 64GB, Samsung Pro Endurance Micro SD 64GB, both formatted with SDFormatter.

When camera is connected via hardware kit, after few hours in parking mode it stop recording, button REC is solid red and camera is hanged, there is no any reaction.
Solution is disconnect power cable and reconect, than camera is restarting and start recording again.

Maciek

Did you set a parking mode duration? Mine shut down gracefully when we were gone more than the two hours we set it, so that's probably not it.

No, is set to record in loop without any parking mode duration time.
Even if it should start record again in normal mode after car is started, not be frozen.

Today I got a information from Viofo repair facility, they replaced main board and capacitors. Now camera should working fine.

Hi Brothers,
I have tried many times but parking mode " auto event detection" does not work (always blinking red light) while others one like 'time lapse" & "low bitrate" are working well. My settings as below:
- parking mode: auto event detection
- enter parking mode timer: off
- parking recording duration : 24h
- parking G sensor : middle sensitive
- parking motion detect: middle sensitive
- time lapse recording : off
- motion detect: off
- gps: off

Firmware : lastest V2.3 (from support site)
Power supply : HK3 (from Viofo officially)

So is there any wrong with my settings or camera problem by itself? Thanks a lot for any feedback !

Last edited:
Could be your car battery charge. The Viofo kit senses a low car battery and turns off so you don't flatten it.

Today I got a information from Viofo repair facility, they replaced main board and capacitors. Now camera should working fine.
Unfortunatelly today issue occured again. Even I changed SD card for Viofo 128GB formatted to FAT32 and install new HK3 kit but problem still exist. I checked camera connected at home via HK kit, same problem.

Could be your car battery charge. The Viofo kit senses a low car battery and turns off so you don't flatten it.
Thanks for your comment ! I used parking mode by ext 4s LPF battery 6000mAh (not from car's one) , moreover the camera still on just always blinking red ligh even screen on or off after settings completed.IMG_20210506_115127.jpg

I just found the information from blackboxmycar that Viofo not longer support "buffered parking recording" , so maybe this mode was disabled in lastest firmware. Does any one check and confirm ? Thanks !
BBMC_inf.png

Unfortunatelly today issue occured again. Even I changed SD card for Viofo 128GB formatted to FAT32 and install new HK3 kit but problem still exist. I checked camera connected at home via HK kit, same problem.
To use HK3 you need 2 pluses: accessory and permanent plus. HK3 does not work with a single plus, even if the wires are tied together. If you use a powerbank you need HK2.
In order to simulate the 2 pluses at home on HK3, you will have to connect the permanent plus first, then the accessory plus. That's the only way it will work. Otherwise the power supply will be random

I know how to connect. It was just connect to be sure is a problem with camera itself not with car connections.

No, you don't!
If you use HK3 with a powerbank in the car, you do NOT know how to connect because you will NOT be able to simulate putting and taking the contact / accessory
HK3 is not a lamp switch, HK3 has an electronic circuit which in certain situations restricts the power supply of the camera
Use the HK2 module on the powerbank and you won't have any more problems

Last edited:
Who told You that I'm using powerbank? Did I mentioned anywhere?
Other user wrote about powerbank, not me

No, you don't!
If you use HK3 with a powerbank in the car, you do NOT know how to connect because you will NOT be able to simulate putting and taking the contact / accessory
HK3 is not a lamp switch, HK3 has an electronic circuit which in certain situations restricts the power supply of the camera
Use the HK2 module on the powerbank and you won't have any more problems
Please see my picture att and read careful! my battery pack is 4s (mean that 14.4V fully charged) not like 5V power bank for mobile
and this one connect to car battery by VSR & DC DC charger.

Please read again what I wrote. If you don't simulate the 2 pluses ( 12-14V ), HK3 will randomly disconnect the camera from the power supply

Back