VIOFO A119 V3

I must be the exception. I went to Ikea and that has a dark undercover car park and my footage is absolutely fine, none of the artifacts shown by others.

This is how dark (image reduced in size but full size on PC is fine):

WOyhxSs.jpg

Settings, from memory

That latest top 60fps
Bitrate high
5 sec startup delay
3 minute loops
EV +0
Everything else off, or low if no off available, as I don't use parking mode.
Old Nextbase hardwire kit wired to IGN Pos 2 via Honda dedicated option connector, not fuse piggyback.

Samsung Evo Plus U3 128Gb

I installed the new firmware, but I miss the hidden feature to record in h.265. Is that still possible? Stopping the recording and pressing the mic button for a longer time does not work any more.
If something sounds strange to you: English us not my mother‘s tongue. Sorry.

Welcomt to DCT @petrlustich :) Your English is quite good, don't worry about that. Viofo has dropped h265 in another cam to eliminate some problems in usage so that may have happened with this cam. It will probably come back in time. You can always use a bigger card to get longer recording times until then.

Phil

Can anyone help me out here?
I had the PMP installed and working fine for parking mode. I upgraded the firmware and adjusted the settings etc, installed it back to my car and PMP doesn't stay on anymore for parking mode. It has power when I turn the car on, but camera turns off after 2-3 minutes

Can anyone help me out here?
I had the PMP installed and working fine for parking mode. I upgraded the firmware and adjusted the settings etc, installed it back to my car and PMP doesn't stay on anymore for parking mode. It has power when I turn the car on, but camera turns off after 2-3 minutes

What are your settings?

I just finished reverting to the previous firmware (1.03); while defaulting the settings, and then updated to the current firmware. (2020.0711)

Defaulted settings before making corrections.

Will report back tonight on if the flicking and flashing goes away that was happening with my previous settings.

I just finished reverting to the previous firmware (1.03); while defaulting the settings, and then updated to the current firmware. (2020.0711)

Defaulted settings before making corrections.

Will report back tonight on if the flicking and flashing goes away that was happening with my previous settings.

The issue has returned. More than likely never went away to begin with.

While driving at night, there’s still flashes on the video, similar to what was shown in posting number 900. (Previous page). Although, not as bad, but still noticeable.

The parking mode (auto event capture) is where it’s pretty bad. Maybe it’s just a issue with parking made?

With the car running, the camera running, at night, everything looks great.

Sounds like a power issue to me, Tyestick. Check the voltage of that circuit when it's in parking mode.

Something strange happens with the latest firmware (2.0). It uses a different part of the image sensor when you set it to 1440p 60fps, than when it is at 1440p 30fps. At 60fps the image is more towards the sky and you have to tilt the camera down a bit to get the same field of view again.

I just completed a 30 mile run. The car has got aircon so the interior temp wasn't that hot, maybe around 22C.

The sun was on my right, not on the windscreen.

When I removed the V3 to offload the footage I noticed it was quite warm to hot. Never noticed that before. I think I'll backoff to 30fps for my next 30 mile run and see how it is then.

I just completed a 30 mile run. The car has got aircon so the interior temp wasn't that hot, maybe around 22C.

The sun was on my right, not on the windscreen.

When I removed the V3 to offload the footage I noticed it was quite warm to hot. Never noticed that before. I think I'll backoff to 30fps for my next 30 mile run and see how it is then.

If you were to run the camera on your desk at home for the same amount of time it took to drive 30 miles it would get quite warm too. Of course, the sun only exacerbates the temperature issues but most of the time a decently made camera like the V3 "should" be able to handle it, especially if there is some airflow.

Curious to hear about the difference in temps between 30 and 60 fps and if it is noticeable, extreme or subtle.

Last edited:
While driving at night, there’s still flashes on the video [...]

I have the same issues. When driving at night and fps is set to 60, i have massive flashes in the video. When setting fps to 30, everything is ok.

When driving at day everything looks great, in 60fps and 30fps.

Here are 2 example videos, weather was really bad.

60fps:

30fps:

Is there a possibility to do a firmware downgrade? Where can I download the previous firmware?

I have the same issues. When driving at night and fps is set to 60, i have massive flashes in the video. When setting fps to 30, everything is ok.

When driving at day everything looks great, in 60fps and 30fps.

Here are 2 example videos, weather was really bad.

60fps:

30fps:

Sucks that you’re experiencing the same issues as myself. At the same time though, I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one experiencing these issues.

VIOFO did state that they’re looking into the issue,

We will recheck this 60fps issue, it seems only happen while in low light condition.

Back