VIOFO A119 V3

Running 1440p@60Hz and its the first time I've been able to read oncoming plates @ 50 kph.
Is that with the HDR function on? I haven't been keeping an eye on the firmware updates but that seems excellent at night with number plates.

I've been using MOD V1.04 (I think) which has been working very well for daytime. It fixed my previous issues with no detail in the shadows. I rarely drive at night but picking up the usually overexposed plates would be a bonus.

Is that with the HDR function on? I haven't been keeping an eye on the firmware updates but that seems excellent at night with number plates.

I've been using MOD V1.04 (I think) which has been working very well for daytime. It fixed my previous issues with no detail in the shadows. I rarely drive at night but picking up the usually overexposed plates would be a bonus.
Yes, with HDR on and polarising filter fitted

Are there any known issues with your modified firmware?
Above is my night video, do you think there is a problem?
Try and tell and show a snippet of this problem.
I don't really understand, because through a translator !! :mad:

I have decided to retire my old YI Smart Dashcam sooner than later and I am now looking at the VIOFO A119V3.
Right now getting the full package of gps, cpl and hardwire kit would run me about $115.
Do you guys think that price would go lower for specials like the 11/11?

Nobody will know what is coming up, but we don't normally see big discounts for Viofo products, some of the other brands can have significant reductions, but Viofo is more likely to be a "Free" CPL. The importers generally are not competing with anyone except against other products and the Viofo website doesn't try to compete with the importers.

I wouldn't order it the week before Black Friday, that is probably worth a short wait.

I have decided to retire my old YI Smart Dashcam sooner than later and I am now looking at the VIOFO A119V3.
Right now getting the full package of gps, cpl and hardwire kit would run me about $115.

If you are willing to wait to purchase a bit closer to the upcoming holidays you will find some healthy promotions and discounts on Viofo cameras. Also, try a Google search for "Viofo discounts" and see what comes up. Some of these offers you'll find will be hit or miss but you "may" be pleasantly surprised. Not sure how this might work in Germany but there may be a more localized equivalent.

Reactions: gse
Above is my night video, do you think there is a problem?
Try and tell and show a snippet of this problem.
I don't really understand, because through a translator !!
Thank you for your efforts in writing the custom firmware and sharing it.

So I tried the modified firmware from vvs49 the last few days. First of all: The flickering in the darkness is gone. This is a big improvement. But I don´t like the videoquality in daylight. It looks like the colours are washed out. I think it has to do with HDR, but as far as I checked it out, you can´t disable it in the modified firmware.

After trying the official firmware 2.0, 2.1 and the modified one, I will downgrade to version 1.03. It went fine for me. 60fps would be nice, but not with that flickering in the darkness.

This cannot be, show me!

Here are 2 examples, one during darkness which is excellent, one during daylight which is somehow grey or washed out in comparison without HDR.

HDR should never work in 60FPS mode because the HDR is using 2 frames from 60FPS to make a HDR result at 30FPS.

My examples look like 60fps, don´t know if it´s real 60fps or interpolated.

Here are 2 examples, one during darkness which is excellent, one during daylight which is somehow grey or washed out in comparison without HDR.

I think the camera (& firmware) is doing an exceptional job to maintain good exposure when the sun is visible within the video frame. Low contrast helps to preserve detail in areas with bright highlights and with dark shadows at the same time.

Back